Entry with EAD/AP combo card with approved H1B petetion

Redli

I have EAD/AP combo card valid from 03/05/12 to 03/04/13 but I never used it for employment.

I applied for H1B extension in Jul 2012. I travelled to India on Jan 14 2013. My H1B extension is approved when I am in India. I renewed my EAD/AP combo cards which is valid from 03/05/13 for next two years. The renewed EAD/AP combo card was approved before I travelled to India

Can I use my first EAD/AP combo card to enter US ON 02/28/13 and still continue to work on approved H1B petition with my same employer.

If I want to use my renewed EAD after 03/05/13, can I use it for employment.

Travel while an extension is pending does not abandon the extension request. Guidance from the USCIS does permit an individual who utilized Advance Parole to return to the US and is the beneficiary of an approved H-1B petition to work pursuant to the H-1B petition under certain considerations and requirements. It is advisable to seek the counsel of a qualified immigration attorney to discuss this process in detail.

• 1 year later...

My case is just opposite. If someone can help understand please.

I have h visa. Valid. Planning to apply for ead ap. If I travel outside USA while ap is still processing using my h visa.. Will it abandone the ap processing as I was out of USA before its approval?

Thanks

Archived