Dropbox Experience at Mumbai

1234oj

I recently got my H1 visa renewal (2nd renewal- 3rd total with the same employer) through the dropbox service at mumbai. When i was preping the docs... i did not have much info so posting some details for anyone going for this in future.

1. You do not need an appointment for the drop box visa renewal.

For mumbai the timing of the dropbox counter was from 10am... however due to oversight they allowed a few people to get in. the OFC has a chaotic and unprofessional set staff. I left everything but the folder with all my originals outside with a friend who was accompanying me specifically for this reason (there are no lockers).

Once you reach the counter (total desigiri at the counter)... they will ask for

1. DS160

2 Photo

3. Axis bank/ Stanley receipt

4. Original Passport

5. Original 797

6. One copy of 797 ( I did not have this and had to run to the nearest photocopy store)

I carried all the other supporting documents just in case with me.. however i was not asked about it. FYI- there is no VO at this counter.. but a few high school graduate/ poorly trained people!!

Once i dropped all the documents... i received an email within 2 days for me to pick up my passport.

Hope this helps!!

hey 1234oj,

Thank you very much for posting your experience for renewal.

1. Did you work on EVC model ?.

2. Were you asked for client letter ?.

My stamping expired Nov 2012, got renewed with same employer, previous stamping Mumbai consulate. i want to visit india this year. Do you think it is a better idea to get it stamped in India... rather than going to canada and stuff.

Thanks

hey 1234oj,

Thank you very much for posting your experience for renewal.

1. Did you work on EVC model ?.

2. Were you asked for client letter ?.

My stamping expired Nov 2012, got renewed with same employer, previous stamping Mumbai consulate. i want to visit india this year. Do you think it is a better idea to get it stamped in India... rather than going to canada and stuff.

Thanks

1. I am a Full Time Employee in a engineering (non-IT company).

2. because of the reason above a client letter did not apply. However I did carry a letter from my HR saying my job duties, salary etc.

You SHOULD carry all the original documents you would carry for a interview in case they ask. However it is less likely that you will be asked any docs apart from those that they list on the website.

If you qualify for a drop box... it is the best thing to do in my opinion (not a lawyer)..

Archived