H1B Regular Processing (Vermont Centre) April/May/June

e2ne

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They say visa related stuff is time senestive & documentation is critical but they keep delaying. Atleast USCIS should provide weekly updates and latest status on frequent basis so that H1B applicants can plan accordingly. Suddenly there seems to be too much delay for no particular reason. Any thoughts??

i will never file under regular processing again!

if i would have known that it takes so long, i would have used Premium, i really didnt expect to find out if i get the visa a few days before oktober..

there is so much to do when you immigrate, and you cant really do it before you know 100% if you get the visa...

anyway, still waiting (may 25), i had high hopes that i would get an answer this week, but im slowly starting to lose my hope..

@sandy Vermont Service Center has become extremely slow since last year. Some people have been waiting for more than 5 months without any movement. It is really slow.

I read somewhere else that maybe it could be because all the temporary protected status applications after Haiti earthquake are being processed by VSC.

Irene might have slowed them down even more, staff taking summer vacation and maybe some staff might be effected by flooding.

Maybe murthy firm can find out why VSC has become so slow?

Originally posted by TJ_1:

Vermont

Regular processing

New H1B

Receipt date:- 18 May 2011

Finally my petition got approved. They took eternity to approve this.

Not sure, but one piece of advice from my end. All the applicants who are waiting from April/May, you can ask your lawyers to call USCIS. I believe that will trigger something. Just my 2 cents. It happened in my case.

Receipt Date : 25th May

Notice Date : 27th May

Center : Vermont

Processing : Regular

RFE : No

Status : Was showing Initial Review as on Sep 7th, but when I check this morning(sep 8th) it shows approved on Sep 2nd it took exactly 14 weeks for approval. This would give you guys a rough idea for Vermont regular processing.

Good luck to all.

Hi

I too had similar issue with DL in South Carolina but got it extended with help of receipt from USCIS and the DMV renewed for 1 year. Check with your local DMV office if they accept the USCIS receipt? They might ask for original or fax sent by the attorney/employer to the DMV office.

Thanks

Jan

Originally posted by sandy0984:

Hi Guys,

Is there a way I can renew my DL when extension is in process? Because it's expiring by the end of this month. As you all know it's getting delayed these days to process. My Extension applied date is June 6th 2011. Please guide me with the any other options i can renew my DL.

Archived