H1B Regular Processing (Vermont Centre) April/May/June

e2ne

No update yet. Still waiting.

Received Date: May 24, 2011

Notice Date: May 27, 2011

Current Status: Initial Review :(

Normal Processing

Vermont Service Center

In my case 3 months will be over tomorrow.

My current I94 is expiring this week. Now I started worrying.

1. Do you guys think it is a problem if it take more than 3 months?

2. What option I have if I receive a denial without any RFE? Is it possible to change to B2(Visitor's visa)?

or

3. Should I start packing and go back? I no there is no grace period but is it OK if I go after 2-3 weeks.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No update yet.

Received Date: May 31, 2011

Notice Date: June 2, 2011

Current Status: Initial Review

Regular Processing

Vermont Service Center

My attorney called USCIS this morning. According to the call center staff, they are still working on cases submitted by May 22. If any of you guys sent application before May 22, it is better for you to call USCIS.

Receipt Date - 06/01/2011

Approval Date - 08/23/2011

Processing Type - Regular

This is my last extension in the regular 6 year time frame. There is a cool feature in the USCIS website that allows you to subscribe for mobile alerts. USCIS sent me a text message today that my case got approved.

All the best to those who are waiting..

I know already that my 6th year ends on Nov 2nd. So I would have got extension only until Nov 2nd 2011. My 7th year extenstion will be applied in a month's time after I recieve my current extension papers. So its really my remaining time in 6 years that is getting extended this time around.

To answer your question, if your husband's extension was applied based on LC, then he will get only one year. USCIS does not go and check if I-140 has been approved and then decided on extension length. They dont really care, they will just give what has been asked for.

VSC is heavily backlogged apparently and everything at VSC is delayed. I think it is also because many in east coast have to apply to VSC and east has many more applicants than other parts of the US. So no choice but to wait and wait and wait and wait......

Archived