H1B Regular Processing (Vermont Centre) April/May/June

e2ne

I got RFE, I don't know on what basis USCIS is giving visasa.

Details :

Regular H1 Extension

Vermont service center

Receipt date: 24-Jun-11

RFE Date : 07-oct-2011

Really i got frustrated. I got H1B on 2011 quota, they have given only one year approval (from Nov,2010 to Nov,2011).

Now for the same client and same company i applied for extension on 24-jun-2011 and got RFE. People who are applied from the same client and company got approved without any RFE's. Recently lot people got approved for the same client and i am working for MNC.

Really they are issuing visas in lottery system.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 24, 2011 and still waiting :(

My attorney called USCIS and received following update

"USCIS currently looking into the petition's processing time. We can expect to receive an update from USCIS within 30 days"

I guess your application is stuck in some adjudicator's pile who might be on long vacation or something.

google this: VSC holiday 5 weeks vacation

Read the last 2 posts mainly in that once you google it and go to the very first google result when you google it.

I guess your application is stuck in some adjudicator's pile who might be on long vacation or something.

google this: VSC holiday 5 weeks vacation

Read the last 2 posts mainly in that once you google it and go to the very first google result when you google it.

I think this 5 week vacation would apply later in the year in Nov and Dec(for thanksgiving and christmas). This will definitely impact people applying august and later.

People who have been waiting since May and June are victims of some other issue. Bad luck, slow application processor or something else in their application that got the attention of application processor.

All those in RFE response review since long, you can have ur Employer/Attorney call USCIS and get the timeline /updates on your case .

Mine is in RFE response review since Sep 7th- intital app date- May 20th, USCIS updated my E'er when he called that there will be a edcision before 29th Oct.

For time purposes and not the exact issue , I think you can call USCIS and try if they will tell you the timeline for your case.

please update me once done.

Reciept Date : 23-jun-2011

Regular Processing

Center : VSC

H1B New

I am still waiting for the approval.. looks like some one in the form has already got the approval after my reiept date. not sure on which basis VSC is approving.

They do not really go by the date although that is what they say. All they do is allot each case to an adjudicator and it all depends on how fast/slow that adjudicator processes the cases! They are government employees and like in all countries usually things move slowly in government departments even in US. So our fate is in whoever is handling our case. US immigration system is not for the faint hearted.

Google the following and read especially the last two posts in the first google result when you type in those words:

VSC holiday USCIS thanksgiving

Nothing we can do about it but wait and wait and wait. I understand now why Republicans do not want big government!

Receipt date June 29

Approved date : Oct 18

just received the hard copy - as said on the Murthy website - seems like USCIS is sending hard copy of H1-B document to the employer rather than Attorney as they used to do before

Congrats, you are one of the few lucky ones who got it so fast from VSC! It is taking almost 4 months or more now for many at VSC.

Did your online status change to approved on Oct 18th or did it change at all? Did you sign up for email update and did you receive that on Oct 18th also or never? Thanks for sharing.

Receipt date is 06/13/2011

Still waiting for an approval...... :(

keep us updated if any of your application is part of June 2nd week...

Thanks!

Did you get any update on your case? Your case is probably stuck in the pile of someone who might be processing very slowly or has lot of complicated cases that are slowing down the adjudicator. You should get your attorney to call and see although usually it is futile. Good luck and post back if you get any update.

Congrats, you are one of the few lucky ones who got it so fast from VSC! It is taking almost 4 months or more now for many at VSC.

Did your online status change to approved on Oct 18th or did it change at all? Did you sign up for email update and did you receive that on Oct 18th also or never? Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Niko - yeah I had been following this forum since the day I applied for my extension(3.5 months)... I got an email and text message on 18th when they updated my status and the status on website also changed from Initial review to Post decision Activity on 18th.. All in same day...

Archived