B1 to H1B - Can I sponsor to my in-laws?

sssva

I came to US on B1 visa and converted my visa to H1B. My wife and daughter also joined me with their B2 visa (sponsored by my brother). Now I want to bring my inlaws for 3 months. Since I came for a short visit and extended my stay in H1B, will this affect my inlaws to get their visitor visa, If I sponsor. I am worried, if its going to create doubt to the consulate officer.

If they self sponsor for the tourist visa, do they need to mention the daughters details in the visa application.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I came to US on B1 visa and converted my visa to H1B. My wife and daughter also joined me with their B2 visa (sponsored by my brother). Now I want to bring my inlaws for 3 months. Since I came for a short visit and extended my stay in H1B, will this affect my inlaws to get their visitor visa, If I sponsor. I am worried, if its going to create doubt to the consulate officer.

If they self sponsor for the tourist visa, do they need to mention the daughters details in the visa application.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

Hi sssva,

i am planning to enter usa with B1/b2 visa. And then apply for the h1 so i want your openion and answers to following questions.

1) did you got ur H1 with I94 ?

2) employer for B1 and H1 was same?

3) if you didnt got I94 then where you did the stamping?

and if you have any tips please share.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Noah Lotte

sounds like a lot of carefully planned white lies to obtain visas...first, yours, some alleged business meetings that miraculously turned into a job, and your wife and children applying for visas without mentioning (apparently) your presence in the US....I can easily imagine a focused VO looking at all of these coincidences, and making a conclusion that there are other reasons for this visit, since none of you have done anything you said you would do when you applied for visas....

• 6 months later...

Kindly advise.

Thanks

Hi SSSVA,

Iam also in same situation.Could you please let me know how to handle this.

My husband also converted from B1 to H1. And I have b1/b2 Visa. Now I am in confusion whether i need to attend H4 visa interview  or  bettert to use my B2 visa .

1)As you said your wife  and daughter joined you on B2 visa. At the port of entry they didn't ask anything about your details?

2) Is your in-laws attended Visa interview?

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

Sai.

Hi SSSVA,

Iam also in same situation.Could you please let me know how to handle this.

My husband also converted from B1 to H1. And I have b1/b2 Visa. Now I am in confusion whether i need to attend H4 visa interview  or  bettert to use my B2 visa .

1)As you said your wife  and daughter joined you on B2 visa. At the port of entry they didn't ask anything about your details?

2) Is your in-laws attended Visa interview?

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

Sai.

Better to apply for a H4 visa and enter US.

Thanks alot for the quick replies.

My cases is, before my husband going to US on B1, he attended H1 visa interview (Filed by US consultancy) stamping in chennai. But it got rejected and VO told that they are revocating the H1b petetion. After one month his current working comapny in india sent to US on B1 visa. After reaching US, consultancy filed COS from b1 to H1 and it got approved. and he continued working for the same old company through consultancy.

Next month i am planing to attend H4 visa along with my kid. Is it easy to get H4 stamping in this case? What questions i can expect during the interivew.

Thanks alot for the quick replies.

My cases is, before my husband going to US on B1, he attended H1 visa interview (Filed by US consultancy) stamping in chennai. But it got rejected and VO told that they are revocating the H1b petetion. After one month his current working comapny in india sent to US on B1 visa. After reaching US, consultancy filed COS from b1 to H1 and it got approved. and he continued working for the same old company through consultancy.

Next month i am planing to attend H4 visa along with my kid. Is it easy to get H4 stamping in this case? What questions i can expect during the interivew.

I believe everything looks fine. Should not be a problem for your visa interview.

Hi omshiv / jairichi ,

First of all thank you very much for the replies. I have one small query here..

After January, my husband will work as a FullTime employee for the same company on which he came on B1 Visa.

As of now he is working as a contract employee from the consultancy. (As i said in above post -consultancy filed COS from b1 to H1 and it got approved. and he continued working for the same old company through consultancy).

Is chances of getting H4 visa is more, if I attened visa interview after my husband got FullTime employee ?

or now also its fine to attend H4 visa interview?

Hi omshiv / jairichi ,

First of all thank you very much for the replies. I have one small query here..

After January, my husband will work as a FullTime employee for the same company on which he came on B1 Visa.

As of now he is working as a contract employee from the consultancy. (As i said in above post -consultancy filed COS from b1 to H1 and it got approved. and he continued working for the same old company through consultancy).

Is chances of getting H4 visa is more, if I attened visa interview after my husband got FullTime employee ?

or now also its fine to attend H4 visa interview?

The outcome of your H4 visa application depends on whether your husband is in status or not. As long as he has a H1B and maintaining his status you are fine.

Archived