Visitor Visa Denied Once - Reason For Refusal Question on DS-160

ni317954

Hello All,

My in-laws VISITOR visa has been rejected once last year on March 2012. They were not asked any documents and were just said you are not ready right now for visa and gave 214(b) document. We are re-applying for thier visa and plan to get it scheduled in Feb. I was planning to write the following on DS-160 for explain why the visa was denied -

YES ON 15TH MARCH 2012. THE CONSULATE OFFICE FELT WE WERE INELIGIBLE FOR A VISA AT THAT TIME AND REFUSED US A VISA UNDER SECTION 214(B). AT THAT TIME WE WERE NOT ASKED FOR ANY SPECIFIC DOCUMENTS/QUESTIONS WHICH WOULD HAVE GIVEN US AN OPPORTUNITY TO DEMONSTRATE STRONG TIES TO HOME COUNTRY. WE BELIEVE WE HAVE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS/REASONS TO DEMONSTRATE STRONG TIES TO OUR HOME COUNTRY.

Please provide suggestions/comments on if this is right or what I need to modify?

Also they are planning to give the interview in Hindi so on DS-160 where they ask who helped fill the form we are going to mention thier Son's detail so that they dont get any doubts/concerns that they are giving the visa in hindi and the form is filled in English. Is that the right approach?

Your comments regarding these two questions would be much appreciated.

Archived