H4 visa 221g @ HYD consulate

canadain

My wife attended for H4 visa on Nov 30th 2012 for H4 visa. She was told by the officer that her case needs internal review and will let know in one week. Her passport was kept by the visa officer. After two weeks of wait we contacted for update and her passport was returned with the same 221g document given at the time of her interview. Today she got an email from consulate to submit her passport ("This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your passport at the OFC or VFS office for further processing of your case.")

Did anyone have the same kind of email from the consulate? If so whats the outcome?

My Wife was in US since 2006 on F1 and at the same time she moved to different school which made her to apply for reinstatement. Here reinstatement came through in Feb 2012. We went to india in July 2012 to get married and went for stamping in Aug 2012. She was asked to explain what she did all her time in US on F1. We did send the documents but the officer was not satisfied and he rejected the visa application in Sep 2012. Then we went through a lawyer and got the documentation ready for her interview. She attended for her second interview at Hyd consulate on Nov 30th and officer was happy with all the docs she was carrying. But he said he needs to review all the docs once again and need to discuss with officer who rejected her case earlier. He said he will be getting back to us in once week and finally on Jan 22nd 2013 we did see and update on CEAC website saying the status was updated but still under admin processing. She got an email from consulate to submit her passport for further processing of her application. We submitted the passport on 23rd. THe status was updated on 25th saying issued. Today we got a email to collect the passport. We will be collection the passport tomorrow as we did not have enough time to get to the OFC center to pick up the passport.

• 10 months later...

hi canadian, my wife also h4 rejected 1 week ago, i m trying to apply again in next month, case looks almost similier with u r wife case, my wife also finished ms,  u mentioned 2nd time "Then we went through a lawyer and got the documentation ready for her interview" u approach the lawyer, can you please explain briefly how to do that, otherwise send me mail nag.raju.netatgmaildotcom.

Archived