F2 Visa - DS 160 Application Form

nsjan27

Hello Members,

I am currently on F1- OPT STEM Extension and it is valid until Dec 2013. My employer will be filing my H1 this April 2013. I am getting married in March and intend to bring my spouse on F2 in the end of March. I have a couple of questions;

1. While filing the DS -160 form, I see a field called Marital Status. I am looking to schedule an interview in Mar 18, 2013. While filling the DS-160 for my spouse in February is it okay if I chose her marital status as Married even though we are not actually married as of February? But we will be married by the date of her interview.

2. And typically when is the earliest we can schedule an appointment? Can I do it for any future date or does the window open only 30 days prior to the desired appointment date?

Thank you for your support and expert guidance.

Regards

NS

• 1 year later...

Hello nsjan27,

I have almost same situation right now. I am getting marry in Jan 2015 and want to bring my wife directly after marriage. Currently, doing her visa process and filing ds 160 form. I want to to know what you did after that. I see that nobody replied to your post. My opt will expire in May 2015. 

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Nikesh

• 1 year later...

Hello guys,

Can you please update on whether you were able to bring your wife to the US immediately after marriage? 

DS160 for my wife asks for her I20 SEVIS ID but a marriage certificate is required to apply for an I20 for her. So I cannot book an appointment until after marriage. Please suggest what to do.

Archived