Need info regarding H4 visa stamping

irfan1978

Hi,

My wife has an upcoming H4 visa stamping appointment at the Hyderabad consulate. I need information with regards to it :

1. Does she need to carry with her to the appointment the principal applicant , which is me, my original I-797 ? Or just a copy of my I-797 is enough?

2. My wife's current I-797 for her H4, has my previous employers name as Petitioner on it , but it is valid till Aug 2014. At the time of transferring my H1B i was told it is not mandatory for me to renew her H4, as it is still valid till 2014.

Is it ok if she goes to the interview with it and presents a copy of my most current I-797 from my new employer ?

3. What all does she need to take along with her for the OFC appointment ?

4. Is there a comprehensive list of documents mentioned anywhere, that she needs to take along with her for the visa interview at the consulate ?

5. Does any one know of any recent trend of H4 stampings at the Hyderabad consulate like rejections or queries ?

Prompt response greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance.

1. copy of I-797 is enough

2. yes it is fine, she can carry the previous employer H4 petition, but VO might not ask the old one, they will care only about your new H1 I797 only. She can carry it as a part of her documents.

3.For your Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) appointment, you will need to bring:

• A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
  • Your DS-160 confirmation page.
  • Your appointment confirmation page.

4. http://wwwdotustraveldocsdotcom/in/in-niv-typework.asp

5. Check this forum, you will get more information on this, take all the supporting documentation. I heard if it is full-time job there should not be any issues.

Hi,

1) Copy of I797 is enough

3) For OFC

1. VISA appointment letter

2. Fee payment details

3.Passport photocopy

4. DS-160 confirmation page

5. photograph

It's better to carry the principal applicant passport photocopy (all bio pages)

4) My wife carried below

Copy of Offer Letter

Verification Letter

Company Financials

I 129 Petition ( H1B )

Paystubs

W2

Bank statements

I 797C H1B Approval copy( more than one copy) old and new

August I94

Tax Returns

Passport ( more than one copy)

Visa

Educational Documents

Wife Visa Appointment Confirmation( more than one copy)

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Photos

Marriage Invitation Card

Passport of Wife

Educational Documents of Wife

Fee paid receipt ( I guess this will be in visa appointment confirmation)

DS 160 confirmation page ( more than one copy)

5) Most of h4 are given at Hyderabad.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived