pink slip in H4 visa stamping

SwetaSharma

Hi All,

My name is Sweta Abhishek Sharma, I went for visa interview on 9th Jan 2013 along with my husband who was prime applicant for H1. Consulate officer approved his H1B and took his passport, but for me she gave a pink slip 221g and asked to go to 31 no. counter.

An indian lady there asked questions about my siblings, where i work and what is my height and told me that it will take 7-8 weeks to get my passport.

I read in so many forums that it takes sometimes 1 year also to get a passport. :(

I work for an IT commany and holds a same experience as my husband. does working in IT industry falls under TAL?

Can anyone pleae share their reviews on this process as how huch time it usually takes. they told it will take 90 days but i am not sure about this.

I haven't receicved any emails from them regarding any verification.

This looks like a black hole to me. :(

Please share your valuable experience with me.

Thanks

Sweta

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have never been to US consulate before. But my husband has traveled twice earlier. My elder sister and her husband had stayed in USA for 7 years but now they have returned back to India and they have Indian nationality. I have only one elder sister. My parents also visited USA once for few months.

Thanks

Sweta

Hi,

Thanks again for reply.

Yes I am going to wait for 3 or more weeks but if i won't receive any reply then apart from contacting Murthy firm, what are all the other option i have.

Reason why i am asking this is that my husband will be traveling USA in this month end and i am not sure how long i have to be away from him. :(

Archived