Toronto 221g Tracking

Suri K

Hello friends,

There have been multiple posts on Toronto 221g cases. Let us use this topic to track all recent 221g cases in Toronto. If you received 221g either during interview or through email, Kindly update this post with the following information. I am posting my case as a sample.

17th Dec 9:15 AM: H1B visa interview. Visa Officer approved my case and said I will receive passport in 3-5 business days. Visa Officer kept my passport and the original I-797.

17th Dec 5:17 PM: Got an email from FPU Toronto asking for some additional documents (Client letter, payslips, W2s, tax returns, bank statements).

17th Dec 6:40 PM: Submitted all the requested documents through email.

18th Dec 3:30 PM: Submitted the requested documents in person at consulate (Just to be sure)

20th Dec ~12:00 noon: My client received a call to confirm my project details. My client has responded positively.

20th Dec 3:00 PM: I sent an email to the officer requesting the status. They responded saying my case is under 221g administrative processing.

10th Jan 2013: Still in Administrative Processing.

Please post your initial update and keep updating if you have any updates. I will do the same. Let us please do this friends, so that we will have more insight and estimation of how long it takes.

Kindly post any Toronto 221g cases irrespective of whether it is resolved or still pending.

Thanks in advance for all your help. I wish you all the best!!

Me and friend had visa interview at Toronto today morning (Jan9th). I have been issued a 221g (yellow form) for further processing. They haven't asked many questions and also no documents were taken expect for the Resume. They also have returned my I-797. Not even single detail about my client or employer is asked. Now they have only my DS-forms and resume. I'm waiting for the email. Even my friend got 221g from the same person. He too got yellow slips. His case is just like me except they kept his I-797. More over other difference is on his yellow slip they have written batch number (924) but mine is empty. What does this no batch number on yellow slip mean? And why did VO returned my I-797? What is the main motive behind my 221g? I haven't received any mail till today. Please let me if anyone has faced the same situation. What is the average time frame to get our 221g processed?

VO is young looking Chinese origin guy in his thirties. I'm the 2nd person. He issued 221g to 1st three persons (including me and my friend).

My Interview:

Me : Very Good morning VO

Vo: GM. How r u?

Me: I'm doing great. Hw abt u?

He asked me wait for couple of mins....he was trying to open something in the system. Took some help some from other chinese guy (he very cool guy...issued al the visas wit in 2 mins).

VO: How long have u been working with ur emp?

Me: since X yrs

was looking in to my details for several minutes

VO: wats ur major?

Me: XX

VO: Wats ur specialization?

Me: xx

asked more details abt the speclization

My major is electrical enigneering. I have answered his and corelated it to my present work

Asked for my resume...looked at it for couple mins again

Asked abt Research publcation. I said no and replied him that it is related to course work and master projects?

Took couple minutes again and issued 221g with a smiling face. I thought I almost got the visa...he didn't state any reason. Neither he asked for any documents...just gave me yellow slip without any batch number on it. Also he returned my I-797 to me. Same is the case with my friend except he also asked for client details for him.

Please help out and provide me ur valuable suggestion....thank u

Hi!

My interview was on 10th Dec, 2012. I am working on FTE. VO asked regular questions, saw nothing and gave me 221g saying it will take couple of week to do the necessary processing and you'll receive an email to submit your passport back. Since then, haven't heard a word about my application, no body has contacted to my employer, no emails etc. Visa Application status website(https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?) shows an status update on 21st but nothing changed and it is still in Administrative processing.

Please update if you guys are in same boat or got any luck.

Thanks

Still waiting for reply.

Hello mane,

Looks like batch number can be used to track your application. If you google "221g batch number" you will find some murthy forum posts. Please go through them.

Also, can you please post the details of your case: interview date, documents submitted, etc. ? Was your case also in Toronto?

Let us please use this thread only to track 221g case updates (Toronto). Thank you. Have a great day!

Hey,

My interview was on 10th Dec @ 8:30 in Toronto. VO asked general questions (where do you work, who do u work for, what is your major, what is your specialization, what is your role and what are you working on?), thats it. He typed something and said, unfortunately I cannot issue visa this time as we need to do some necessary administrative processing. Here is a form and we'll contact you via Email when to submit the passport, usually it takes couple of weeks. I asked him further do you want to see any documents (employment letter etc), he said if we need it, we'll send you an email. Since then, they haven't contacted me for anything yet nor with my employer. He has given me a batch number on 221 G (Yellow Slip) which is 142.

My Case is similar to mskataru, except that i had applied for L1B.

12th Dec : L1B visa interview in Toronto US Consulate. Visa Officer approved my case and said I will receive passport in 3-5 business days. Visa Officer kept my passport and other documents.

20th Dec : Got an email from FPU Toronto asking for some additional document (Client letter).

20th Dec : Submitted the requested document through email.

21th Dec : Faxed the requested document again

27th Dec : Submitted the requested document in person at consulate (Just to be sure), they gave the passports back to us just in case if we need to travel anywhere

28th Dec : My client received a call from US Embassy to his desk phone, Since it was vacation for him, they left a voice mail.

3rd Jan 2013: My client called back to the Embassy and answered their queries, they said they will get back to them if they need any further info

10th Jan 2013: I sent an email to the officer requesting the status.

11th Jan 2013: They responded saying my case is under 221g administrative processing.

Waiting for results, One month gone after the visa interview.

Hey,

My interview was on 10th Dec @ 8:30 in Toronto. VO asked general questions (where do you work, who do u work for, what is your major, what is your specialization, what is your role and what are you working on?), thats it. He typed something and said, unfortunately I cannot issue visa this time as we need to do some necessary administrative processing. Here is a form and we'll contact you via Email when to submit the passport, usually it takes couple of weeks. I asked him further do you want to see any documents (employment letter etc), he said if we need it, we'll send you an email. Since then, they haven't contacted me for anything yet nor with my employer. He has given me a batch number on 221 G (Yellow Slip) which is 142.

Hi Mane ...Wat r all the documents did VO took from you? Is he a young Chinki guy...? Did you get any emails from the consulate?

Hi Mane ...Wat r all the documents did VO took from you? Is he a young Chinki guy...? Did you get any emails from the consulate?

He only kept I797A, and didn't ask for any documents neither he asked me to show some documents. He was a Canadian/American guy with a very sweet accent (pretty much like a Canadian Accent), he was the only canadian/american I saw there.

I have go no emails, no employer verification calls/emails nothing. This is really frustrating as I do not know what kind of administrative processing they are doing. :(

Hi

I went to the Visa interview today @Toronto Jan 14 th received 221g yellow form with batch number. VO kept my paystubs and I-797 ..

interview at 09:15 ... I waited long time outside ant went like 10:00 and called my number

Me: Goodmorning

VO: How are you doing ?

Me: Good ..

VO: so you work in XXX company

Me: Yes I do

VO: How long you have been with company?

Me: xxx months

VO: Did your masters here ?

Me: Yes , I did masters xxx university

VO: Course based or research based?

Me Course based ..

VO: What is the role with your company?

Me : Network ENgineer

VO: Can I see paystubs ??

Me Yes I handed over 6 month paystubs ...

VO: I think you said you are workinh iwth company from xx months why 6 month worth?

Me: As I saw requirement said 6 month worth paystub I gave u that... Here are my rest of paystubs some months worth...

VO: she is typing somthing went inside and cam back after 5 min ... Then took a yellow form and said additional proccessing is required ..

Me: Thanks How long it takes ?

VO: Dont know will be informed ...

I just got an email from embassy asking me to provide whole H1B petition filled to usics tomorrow morning ... Are you guys got any reply after submitting the documents .. How long does this take ?? I seriuosly had limited time ... I have so many issues going on at client side ... Please update if anything is heard ..

Hello friends,

Based on the information gathered so far, I have tabulated pending and successful Toronto 221g cases. Kindly reply to this post if I you need me to update or add any information. (This is just for tracking the progress only). Thanks to newbieeH1B for the debrief.

I kindly request everyone to please update this post if your case is Toroto 221g. Thank you!!

Hello friends,

Based on the information collected so far, I have put together table of pending and resolved Toronto 221g cases. Please feel free to correct me if I misstated or need to update any more information. Thanks to h1bnewbie for the debrief. (Sorry could not format tables better...no option)

Toronto - 221g - Pending Murthy ID Interview

Date Interview Result Docs Asked Most Recent

Update Date Status mane 10-Dec-2012 221g Yellow None 21-Dec-2012 Administrative Processing mskataru 17-Dec-2012 Approved

221g - email Passport,I797,TaxRtrns,PetitionDocs,ClientLetter,PayStubs,W2sBankStmts 15-Jan-2012 Administrative Processing h1bdec 31-Dec-2012 221g Yellow PayStubs,BankStmts,W2s,TaxRtrns,ClientLetter 5-Jan-2013 Administrative Processing JaxKing 7-Jan-2013 221g Yellow TaxRtrns,I797,PetitionDocs,ClientLetter,PayStubs,BankStmts 9-Jan-2013 Administrative Processing rgaddam437 9-Jan-2013 221g Yellow Resume 9-Jan-2013 Administrative Processing F1-OPT-H1-Jan2013-221g 9-Jan-2013 221g Yellow Passport, I797, TaxRtrns, PayStubs 9-Jan-2013 Administrative Processing rmdharan 12-Jan-2013 Approved-L1

221g - email Passport, Client Letter 11-Jan-2013 Administrative Processing rkrishnavajjala 14-Jan-2013 221g Yellow PayStubs,H1B Petition Docs 14-Jan-2013 Administrative Processing

Toronto - 221g - Resolved Successfully Murthy ID Interview

Date Interview Result Docs Asked Admin Proc Resolved on Passport picked up on 221g_toronto 9-Oct-2012 221g Yellow None 8-Nov-2012 14-Nov-2012 w103imk 26-Nov-2012 221g Yellow Pay Stubs 6-Dec-2012 14-Dec-2012 ksgvarma 10-Dec-2012 221g Yellow None 4-Jan-2013 11-Jan-2013

If I am missing anyones information, kindly let me know.

I am in same boat guys, interview in toronto for h1b stamping on 9th jan (have had 5-6 stamping in past, thiis was first one with new employer), officer approved, no passprt received yet, case showing admin processing, they did not ask any documents, no emails, i sent an email but no response. Don't know how long to wait, client might not wait for me as i am on EVC model, what email id can i reach these guys at toronto, am not getting a response of any kind. I have NO 221g

sorry for posting late, even my interview was on Jan 14th. Received 221g (yellow) with batch number saying admin processing.

The very next day morning (Jan 15th) received an email from TFPU requesting additional docs which i've submitted by EOD 15th. No update in ceac website so far. Just wondering about next steps...

@ rkrishnavajjala: can you pls share you email?

Update on my case:

On CEAC website again last updated date has been changed to 17-Jan-2013, but status still shows as Administrative Processing.

Sequence of events so far:

17th Dec 2012: H1B intreview, approved

17th Dec 2012: email from consulate for additional documents

17th & 18th Dec: Submitted Documents

20th Dec: Client is called

15th Jan 2013: last updated date changed to 15th Jan on CEAC website. Status is still Admin processing.

17th Jan 2013: last updated date changed to 17th Jan on CEAC website. Status is still Admin processing.

I am in same boat guys, interview in toronto for h1b stamping on 9th jan (have had 5-6 stamping in past, thiis was first one with new employer), officer approved, no passprt received yet, case showing admin processing, they did not ask any documents, no emails, i sent an email but no response. Don't know how long to wait, client might not wait for me as i am on EVC model, what email id can i reach these guys at toronto, am not getting a response of any kind. I have NO 221g

Hello,

Sorry to hear that. Most likely your case is also going through necessary administrative processing just like mine. Since I got an email from TRTFPU@state.gov, I was able to reply to them. That is when I came to know it is suspended for administrative processing under section 221(g). If you send an email to this ID, you will most likely receive a response mentioning 221(g).

I would recommend you not to email them until they contact you. Inform your client that they may be called to confirm project details. Starting working from here since it might take some time (hope not) to finish this process. I am telling you based my experience. All the best!

One more Update on my case:

On CEAC website the status is updated to Issued. Thank God.

I did not receive any email from consulate yet.

Sequence of events so far:

17th Dec 2012: H1B intreview, approved

17th Dec 2012: email from consulate for additional documents

17th & 18th Dec: Submitted Documents

20th Dec: Client is called

15th Jan 2013: last updated date changed to 15th Jan on CEAC website. Status is still Admin processing.

17th Jan 2013: last updated date changed to 17th Jan on CEAC website. Status is still Admin processing.

18th Jan 2013: On CEAC website, the status is changed to Issued.

guys, am in same situation too.

14 Jan - Interview @ toronto and received 221G yellow

15 Jan - email from TorontoFPU for additional documents (paystubs, bank statements, petition file, client letter)

16 Jan - Submitted the docs

18 Jan - client received a call from consulate and client responded positively.

But the status in CEAC website hasn't changed so far. It still says Admin processing and status updated date is same as interview/creation date.

Approx, how many days would it take to hear from consulate from this point?

Archived