No movement for Eb2 - India even in Feb...It sucks

SRaoPERM

Not right analogy. There are many cases where there are no RFE (means you are ready with documents) but still someone mysteriously get delayed while some other gets there GC. The whole thing is a blackbox and no one knows what mess is happening inside. In all likelihood, they are picking up 485 applications randomly (not in FIFO) and it is just a game of roulett.

"Ready with documents" pertains not only to documents submitted by applicant, but in order to approve the case, your case needs to be processed by several federal agencies (from what we know FBI is one of them) and that is why I am pointing to. Once all the involved agencies reply (or certify) then your case can be approved provided all the documentation submitted by you is correct and no RFEs are issued.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ready with documents" pertains not only to documents submitted by applicant, but in order to approve the case, your case needs to be processed by several federal agencies (from what we know FBI is one of them) and that is why I am pointing to. Once all the involved agencies reply (or certify) then your case can be approved provided all the documentation submitted by you is correct and no RFEs are issued.

Are you sure the delays are only because of involved agencies and not random processing by CIS ? As I understand , no one really knows how CIS works . It is a highly opaque process.

Belle, thank you for the follow up. I am aware of the criteria for automatic U.S. citizenship for a minor that you are referring to in your post.

Neither my father nor mother became a U.S. citizen when we were in the U.S. as permanent residents. When I started my permanent residency process in 2007 / 2008 I submitted a complete family history and supporting documentation to the immigration lawyer, including copies of my parent's green cards (now canceled), their social security numbers, my father's selective service registration, etc. The lawyer is very good and investigated all potential avenues for permanent residency (including checking the USCIS records).

This is not such an unusual situation. Lots of people who were LPRs as children but moved out of the US with their parents have that situation of loss of LPR status due to the move abroad. It is unfortunate in hindsight, but the parents as legal guardians make the decisions.

are you serious? im sure catx would know if his parents would have applied for their citizienship or not.

Yes, I was serisous, thank you for asking. I will be taking citizenship oath next week, and I am pretty sure my 2 y.o. will not notice that something happened. We are talking about long time ago, while someone was a minor, and it is not unheard of for those naturalized with a parent to not know they are US citizens.

Belle, thank you for the follow up. I am aware of the criteria for automatic U.S. citizenship for a minor that you are referring to in your post.

Neither my father nor mother became a U.S. citizen when we were in the U.S. as permanent residents. When I started my permanent residency process in 2007 / 2008 I submitted a complete family history and supporting documentation to the immigration lawyer, including copies of my parent's green cards (now canceled), their social security numbers, my father's selective service registration, etc. The lawyer is very good and investigated all potential avenues for permanent residency (including checking the USCIS records).

Got it. I was asking on the off chance that your time in the US as a child was overlooked. You have a good lawyer.

Are you sure the delays are only because of involved agencies and not random processing by CIS ? As I understand , no one really knows how CIS works . It is a highly opaque process.

If you see older forums, previously people use to get info in regards to why there case cannot be approved. Primary reason used to be background check pending/name check pending. There used to be serious backlog for these clearances. The situation has improved however delays are still there. Now a days USCIS do not give out this info. When I was at my infopass appointment, I asked officer whether all the checks on my case are cleared or not and whether my case is pre-adjucated or not. Officer told me that they cannot give out any such information due to security concerns.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived