Successful visa stamping in Hyderabad - Jan 2, 2013

randmach

Background: I have been in the US for 8 years: four years on F-1 (got MS and PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering) and seven years on H-1B – always been a fulltime employee.

First H-1B stamping in Calgary, Canada without any issue.

Second H-1B stamping in Hyderabad three years ago where I got a 221(g) Pink questionnaire. The admin processing took 20 days in total – and then my visa was issued.

Third H-1B stamping again in Hyderabad on Jan 2, 2012.

The interview was very straightforward. The consulate officer asked me where I worked, where my company was located, how long I had been working for my company and what my role was. He saw that I had all my documents in a folder and asked me to give him the folder. He skimmed through the documents and said “congratulations, you visa is approved. Good luck with your position!”

I was a bit nervous because I got a 221(g) questionnaire last time around but this time, everything went very smooth.

I have been tracking my passport by emailing passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com and as of now, the message has been – “Your passport is still with post.”

I have checked the status of my visa at the Dept of State link below:

https://ceac.state.g...ker/Status.aspx

which confirms that my visa is “Issued” and is in final processing.

Background: I have been in the US for 8 years: four years on F-1 (got MS and PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering) and seven years on H-1B – always been a fulltime employee.

>> Correction: I have been in the US for 11 years.

Did you get your passport back with visa? i am in similar situation in CEAC site it shows issued....but i never get the passport back.....my Visa interview was on 27 dec 2012.

>> Yes, I picked up my passport with visa stamped yesterday. If the status of your passport is that it is still with post, you should call the consulate for a status update. Good luck!

Archived