221g- yellow- Toronto - Dec 31st

h1bdec

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a 221g yesterday at Toronto. VO took my I797, paystubs and some bank statements. He said it would take a week to a month. He didnt ask me for any client information or letters. I work in EVC model. I am staying at a hotel presently. Does anyone want to share accomodation?

Hi All..

yesterday I got an email from Consulate - Asking to submit my passport, 221g and email. Today I went there to submit my passport.

At consulate-outside window only (At security check), I submitted my passport and got a ticket to collect the passport from Consulate on Thursday.Hopefully , I will get my Passport with VISA without any more issues!

All the best everyone! I will update here once I get my passport on thu. Thank God!

Submitted the passport. they said, you can pick up the passport with in a week through Loomis center. and gave the instructions sheet how to track it. Hopefully, I may get it by Friday. Thank you and wishing you all good luck.

Hi Jaxking..Did you get your passport back from consulate?

Finally, Today I collected my passport from consulate with VISA.. :-)

Don't loose hopes& be positive....If your documents are good,You will definitely get visa....Good luck to everyone!

Thanks to Murthy forum & Everyone who shared their experiences..It really helped me a lot!

• 1 year later...

Me and friend had visa interview at Toronto today morning (Jan9th). I have been issued a 221g (yellow form) for further processing. They haven't asked many questions and also no documents were taken expect for the Resume. They also have returned my I-797. Not even single detail about my client or employer is asked. Now they have only my DS-forms and resume. I'm waiting for the email. Even my friend got 221g from the same person. He too got yellow slips. His case is just like me except they kept his I-797. More over other difference is on his yellow slip they have written batch number (924) but mine is empty. What does this no batch number on yellow slip mean? And why did VO returned my I-797? What is the main motive behind my 221g? I haven't received any mail today. Please let me if anyone has faced the same situation. What is the average time frame to get our 221g processed? Help needed. Thanks in advance.

@rgaddam437: Did you get any updates? visa issued?

Hi All,

My visa Interview was on Feb 6th Thursday

The VO said he need more processing to be done and it may take few weeks.

He returned my passport and only has my I-797

Did not give me any slip.

On Feb 11th got a mail saying need H1 petition related documents.

Feb 12th Submitted  the required documents through email.

No update since then.

Does anyone experience similar situation?

Did any one get a acknowledgement mail saying they had received the documents once they were submitted.

Thanks!

Hi All,

My visa Interview was on Feb 6th Thursday

The VO said he need more processing to be done and it may take few weeks.

He returned my passport and only has my I-797

Did not give me any slip.

On Feb 11th got a mail saying need H1 petition related documents.

Feb 12th Submitted  the required documents through email.

No update since then.

Does anyone experience similar situation?

Did any one get a acknowledgement mail saying they had received the documents once they were submitted.

Thanks!

Hi Toronto2014,

Congrats on finding someone who is in the same boat like you.

I went to the Toronto consulate on Thursday at 10:30. The VO took my I-797 and returned my passport along with an yellow 221g. Asked me to submit my CV through email. I did it by 11Am on the same day.

Based on suggestions from other members, I didn't wait for any email and just asked my attorney to email all my H1B petition documents to the consulate. They did it on Monday morning.

I got an email on Tuesday morning saying that the documents have been received and all processing is un-finished. No update since then on the CEAC website either. Planning to go speak to the officer at the glass window sometime next week.

If you have any updates or questions, let me know. I will do the same in this post. 

Good luck my friend.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I went to Toronto US consulate for my first H1B stamping on Jan 27th 2014. Interview went good and VO said your VISA got approved you can leave now. But, with in few minutes he said "Oh... We need few weeks for administrative process". And I was asked to submit/send all supporting docs in the following weeks. And they had call with my clients(Not employer). Even I was asked for a supporting documnet last week. I am bit worried  now. Why they are doing like this?. What could be the reason?. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

AV

Archived