H1B Stamping - Questions Asked

vishalth

I am in an EVC Model , the last time I went to the interview for my h1 stamping , I was asked the below questions, I still do not know the ideal answers which the embassy might be expecting during the time of the interview . Can someone please answer these for me ? This will be helpful when I attend the interview the next time.

1. Who provides the proprietary tools and the software to work at the client location

2. Who assigns you work. Petitioner Or Vendor or End client ?

3. What role your vendor plays in your employment ?

4. Whom do you report to about the status of your work ?

5. Your AT&T supervisor and the Petitioner both are in different work locations than yours.Who assigns work to you and how ?

6. How does your Petitioner & client communicate each other ? Do they meet weekly , Monthly?

7. Who does the performance evaluation ? End Client Or Petitioner ?

8. What is your petitioners line of business ?Do you produce any product related to Petitioners Line of business while at work?

9. Who makes the development and product related decisions for the end product you produce?

Quick response greatly appreciated.

Hi US2IND,

All these questions relate to employer - employee relationshipo and as a guideline remember your petitioner should have total control over your work in US. So going by tht check answers inline based on my understanding:-

I am in an EVC Model , the last time I went to the interview for my h1 stamping , I was asked the below questions, I still do not know the ideal answers which the embassy might be expecting during the time of the interview . Can someone please answer these for me ? This will be helpful when I attend the interview the next time.

15]1. Who provides the proprietary tools and the software to work at the client location

It should be your employer. Client is paying for deliverable services already. Your employer ensures you have everything needed setup to do your work efficiently. Besides your machine may also have proprietry tools installed on it. You can also ay that your fully loaded machine is at EMPLOYER location and you use the client machine just to remote in to your work machine at employer location AND in employer network.

15]2. Who assigns you work. Petitioner Or Vendor or End client ?

It should always be your manager on petitioner company. Client talks to petitioner and not you.

15]3. What role your vendor plays in your employment ?

Nothing. He is preferred vendor for client and so every company has to go through it only.

15]4. Whom do you report to about the status of your work ?

Your petitioner manager.

15]5. Your AT&T supervisor and the Petitioner both are in different work locations than yours.Who assigns work to you and how ?

Your petitioner assigns you work. Status updates are through mails, con calls, video onference and monthly visit to client place.

15]6. How does your Petitioner & client communicate each other ? Do they meet weekly , Monthly?

Same methods as in 15]5.

15]7. Who does the performance evaluation ? End Client Or Petitioner ?

Petitioner and petitioner only.

15]8. What is your petitioners line of business ?Do you produce any product related to Petitioners Line of business while at work?

You should say yes and align your work goals accordingly.

15]9. Who makes the development and product related decisions for the end product you produce?

A mutual decision between petitioner and end client BUT you get informed through petitioner only.

Quick response greatly appreciated.

Good luck for your interview.

Archived