Re: Expiring Visa Screening while priority date is current

sneham

Hello Friends,

I have my priority date current for June 11 bulletin. My priority date is 14 Aug 2006 for EB2. I am a physical therapist by profession and my Visa screening issued by ICDEL is expiring on Dec 20, 2011. My question is, do i need to renew the visa screening certificate? Or I am good as my priority date is current before my visa screening expire. To renew the visa screening, the ICDEL request to apply atleast 6 months ago. I don't know what to do? as If i need to renew, than i need to appear for TOEFL again and i really hate that part. Please advise. I would greatly appreciate your comments.

//English requirement waived for certain VisaScreen® renewal applicants

Beginning 1 March 2010, applicants renewing their VisaScreen® certificate who can demonstrate employment in the United States (in the health care profession that is designated on their certificate) do not have to take another approved English exam if the following is met

The period of employment must be for at least 27–36 months, including nine months of the year before the date that your renewal application is submitted. Your employer needs to submit and sign an employment summary on corporate letterhead for the English requirement to be waived.//

Did you receive any reply from the USCIS-

Check with your attorney on 485 status, you may want to do visa screen,just to be on the safer side.

No hassles of sending old paper work from your college in India/wherever-CGFNS has all the info on your file-just send $ fee and related documents.

Good luck

Archived