Passport misplaced by us embassy

Dec11ottawa

I got my visa stamped in us embassy ottawa and did not get the loomis email.when I contacted the embassy they are saying that your visa was printed and we misplaced your passport and are searching for it.

Did any one face this situation? What will happen if they don't find my passport. What are my options. I am struck now in ottawa.

oh ****! that sucks! I am scared now, as I deposited my passport yesterday @ Ottawa.

I believe in this case, it is the US Embassy's responsibility to get a new passport, and stamp it again. - How are they going to do that - that is something that you'd have to find out from them

Of course this will take time and with the holidays around the corner, if not processed swiftly, you may have to wait till the new year before you get your passport back.

Please post back here, whatever you find as next steps.

Thanks and good luck!

Did any one face this situation? What will happen if they don't find my passport. What are my options. I am struck now in ottawa.

It happened to one of my friends, about 5 yrs ago.

If they can't find your pp, then you need to apply for new passport. Don't worry US embassy will help you by providing the letter.

But not sure how many days will it take to get new passport, if required.

My passport was found by the embassy. I collected it from loomis today.

In the mean time, i checked with indian embassy ottawa and they were ready to issuse a handwritten passport valid for 6 months. They said they can do this in 2 days.

But fortunately my passport was found by the embassy and it was sent to loomis. US Embassy Ottawa were very helpful and they put excellent effort in finding my passport. The chief consular was a nice gentleman and he spoke with me yesterday and assured me of all the help needed. By God's grace they were able to locate my passport.

Archived