221g Hyd, working remotely from India

221g_hyd

Hello,

I had my Visa appointment at Hyderabad on Mar 19th 2012. After the Interview the VO issued me a 221g White with no documents asked and told that they have to review my case.

On Jun 24th got email from State of Dept saying that my case has been forwarded to USCIS which USCIS received on Jul 24th. From then on I have been waiting for update on my case status, tried calling USCIS several times but they did not give much information other than saying “case in under processing and have to get back only after 180 days after they received the case”.

During this wait time I have been working remotely for the same client. I have couple of questions regarding this.

1. Is it OK to work for so many months remotely from India?
  2. If yes, can I get payroll generated from my employer. (The reason i ask is , recently my lawyer told me that my employer should not be running payroll if I am out of country for more than 6 months) Is there any rule like that.
  3. If I am not supposed to get a payroll from US employer , can I get payroll generated from Indian company which is a sister company of my employer in India.

Thanks in advance!!

Hello,

I see no issues with the payroll. We both are on the same boat. My intvw date is in Aug. VO issued me a 221(g) form and has given my passport and docs back to me during the intrvw. He told me that they would get back to me after some verifications. Havent heard back from them since then. I did not even get any mail saying that my case is referred to USCIS. Not sure what is causing the delay. I have been working remotely from India. My manager/employer havent told me anything about this 6 months payroll rule. So far no issues. mail me at pvn2411atyahoodotcom if you need any specific details regd this.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived