Booked Visa Appointment with a old I-797 (petition number)

rgaddam437

Anyone please help me out.

I have booked my visa appointment with the current I-797 (petition number). And now I have applied for a H1B amendment. With in a week I will be getting the new I-797 form (new petition number). Almost all of the visa slots were booked. I don't see any provision to update the appointment with the new petition number. For me to update the petition I need cancel the current appointment and need to make new appointment with the new petition number. Even on the visa appointment confirmation letter the petition number doesn't show up. Still Can I attend the visa interview which is booked with the old petition number by including the new petition number in DS-160 forms? Will it be a problem? I will be carrying both the I-797 forms with me. Do I need to update the petition number before I go for the interview? Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.

Which consulate in Canada and did you already submit your DS160 form?? Btw, its not necessary to update your petition number. One of my friends with the same scenario as that of yours, attended the interview in Toronto last month. Before actually going to Visa officer, you will be asked by some representative to submit your i-797, appointment letter and some other docs. You can tell that rep. about your case and she will take care of it. Need not worry much. Thanks -

Which consulate in Canada? and did you already submit your DS160? Btw, its not necessary to update your new 797 petetion number. Last month one of my friends attended his interview at Toronto with the same scenario as that of yours. On your appointment day, before going to the actual interviewer (Visa officer), you will be asked for your i-797 form, appointment confirmation letter (and some other docs.. not sure) by one of the representatives at the consulate. You can explain your situation to him/her and they would take care of you. Need not worry much. Thanks -

Thank you all. I'm going to Toronto and I haven't submitted my DS 160 forms yet. I will be providing the latest Petition number in the DS-160 forms.

Luckychaitu I see that option but my question is does it get updated without rescheduling the current date? (I don't want loose my current booked appointment date i.e If I go upto EAC number and Notice date and Receipt date page and doesn't follow the final steps (Reschudeling to other date) will it get updated?

My Situation is similar, I have filed for H1b extension yesterday and am looking for the available appointments in Canada in Jan and already seeing the dates opened till Jan end. So wanted to know If I can book the appointment with my existing 797 and update later once I receive the new approved 797. Can you please suggest me . Can I know current available dates in canada. Thanks in advance.

Hi , I am in same situation, My H1b extension is filed under premium processing yesterday but wanted to book the appointments in Jan only as I need to travel in Feb to India. So wanted to book the appointment in canada as eearly as possible. Can you please let me know if you can able to update the 797 petition number after booking the appointment so that I will do same way. Thanks in advance .

Thank you all. I'm going to Toronto and I haven't submitted my DS 160 forms yet. I will be providing the latest Petition number in the DS-160 forms.

Luckychaitu I see that option but my question is does it get updated without rescheduling the current date? (I don't want loose my current booked appointment date i.e If I go upto EAC number and Notice date and Receipt date page and doesn't follow the final steps (Reschudeling to other date) will it get updated?

When you go into this URL , https://usvisa-info....lfservice/login, click on the option reschedule your appointment and then It will show your petition number where you can edit it to your new petition number and save it,,,You really dont have to reschedule your appointment and still you can save your new petittion number

Thank you all.

Can I get your contact details ? , here is my mail id : madhukumar.y@gmail.com ?
  • 1 month later...

Hello Friends,

This is really urgent..

I filled the DS-160 Form and blocked the H-1 date in Feb- 2013 with the I-797 receipt number and the DS-160 account number.... I submitted the DS-160 form...This is done in DEC 2012..

Suddenly due to crisis i was laid offf from the project and joined the new project with different client... I filed for new H-1 ammendment... My question is shall i reschedule my appointment ???? or is it ok if i just fill up the new DS-160 and go to interview...

Please guide me regarding this..

Thanks,

Murthy..

Archived