questions on EAD/AP renewal - doing it myself

us_immig

i have about 85 days to go for expiry of employment based EAD/AP combo card and i am planning to renew it myself (for me and my spouse) and i have a couple of questions. any help on those is appreciated:

1. which one is better e-file vs traditional mail

2. do we need to submit any proof that we paid 1040$ fee (485 filed after July 2007)

3. what i could not get is do we need to consider EAD and AP totally different applications for each applicant but just keep 4 sets in same outgoing envelope? in other words; we shall keep i94 copy/DL copy/2 photos.. in each sub-envelope of EAD and AP?

4. i looked at the USCIS website and other forum posts and figured it is ©(9) for #16 on i-765 but what is the address which it needs to be mailed. i got confused looking at the USCIS website

"Pending Family Based Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status pursuant to Section 245 of the INA pending, and you filed your application with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox, and your receipt number begins with “MSC,” or you filed with the Immigration Judge

Pending Employment Based Form I-485 Application to Adjust Status pursuant to Section 245 of the INA"

and there is no separator between two address... may be just me.. if it is soley based on place where i live (in California); so it is USCIS Phoenix Lockbox?

Thanks

Based on your post, looks like your PD is after Aug 2007, if yes, its better to send the petitions by paper mail as the e-filing system only works if you are making a payment unless you want to pay USCIS just for the heck of it. As long as the PS is after Aug 2007, there is no proof required its understood.

Prepare four different envelopes, two for yourself (I765/I131) and two for the derivative (I765/I131), mail them all together to the Phoenix lock box.

Thanks immigrationseeker for the info. (you are right my PD is after Aug 2007)

Also, i have moved to a different address (from the time i applied my 485/initial EAD/AP) and my attorney at the time of my move had filed for AR11. So i suppose i do not have to furnish any other documents for this and just use the new address on these forms?

Archived