All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vijaisekar

Can i schedule an appointment in different consulate other than what is mentioned in I797?

Hi all, I had submitted the ds160 form to chenni consulate and the same consulate was mentioned in I797. Now due to lack of appointment dates availability in chennai, i want to know if i can book an interview appointment in a different consulate other than chennai?. I have already submitted the ds160 by selecting chennai consulate as the post and the same is given in I797.

Should i submit ds160 again if i go or other consulate?

Is is ok to go for interview in a different consulate other than what is mentioned in I797?

Appreciate any suggestion/thoughts guys?

Thanks,

VJ

Yes, you can attend in any consulate even if it's other than mentioned on I-797. But you have to submit DS 160 by selecting the consulate which you are planning to attend.

In your case, you have Chennai mentioned in I-797 and submitted DS 160 by mentioning Chennai consulate. In this case you cannot attend other than Chennai.

For ex: if you want to attend in Hyderabad, you have to select Hyderabad consulate and submit DS 160 again.

Hope this info helps!!

According to my personal experience, fill out new DS160. I had troubles getting my ds160 info to get xfered in Delhi from Mumbai. (It was in 2010, things/systems might have changed)

I have also had the same question. I filled and submitted my DS-160 form by selecting Mumbai Consulate but eventually took the visa interview at Delhi Embassy. My interview is on 18th December. I have asked this question to the customer support of ustraveldocs in two formats (email and phone) already and in both of them they said that I can use the same DS-160 form.

Here is my email and their response:

Hello,

I have filled and submitted a DS-160 form for H-1B visa couple of weeks ago

by choosing Mumbai consulate as location for interview. Due to dates

unavailability, I had to schedule a visa interview at New Delhi Embassy. I

wanted to know if I should fill out a new DS-160 form by choosing Delhi as

the interview place and update its confirmation number in my visa

appointment profile.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Their Response:

Thank you for writing to U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you wanted to know about the Ds-160 form.

With regards your concern we would like to inform you that you may proceed with the same DS-160 confirmation page as it is not the cause of concern.

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further queries. You can also visit our website www.ustraveldocs.com/in for more information.

Yours sincerely,

U.S Visa Service Desk .

So I am not filling out another DS-160 form.

Good luck !!

Punit

I have also had the same question. I filled and submitted my DS-160 form by selecting Mumbai Consulate but eventually took the visa interview at Delhi Embassy. My interview is on 18th December. I have asked this question to the customer support of ustraveldocs in two formats (email and phone) already and in both of them they said that I can use the same DS-160 form.

Here is my email and their response:

Hello,

I have filled and submitted a DS-160 form for H-1B visa couple of weeks ago

by choosing Mumbai consulate as location for interview. Due to dates

unavailability, I had to schedule a visa interview at New Delhi Embassy. I

wanted to know if I should fill out a new DS-160 form by choosing Delhi as

the interview place and update its confirmation number in my visa

appointment profile.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Their Response:

Thank you for writing to U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you wanted to know about the Ds-160 form.

With regards your concern we would like to inform you that you may proceed with the same DS-160 confirmation page as it is not the cause of concern.

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further queries. You can also visit our website www.ustraveldocs.com/in for more information.

Yours sincerely,

U.S Visa Service Desk .

So I am not filling out another DS-160 form.

Good luck !!

Punit

Hi,

Need Help,

I also have the same situation. My DS-160 has the Consulate address of Chennai. But as Interview dates were available in Mumbai and My office is in Pune. I have taken Interview appointment in Mumbai.

Do i need to fill DS-160 again?

Please let me know as per your experience.

My Interview is tomorrow. Any fast replies will be appreciated.

Br

Gaurav