Immigration Reform

submit2junk

Most legal people get government support. There is no/few legal people working in such type of jobs( meat processing/mowing jobs). That means when illegal became green card holder/citizen, there is no need to work in such type of jobs.

Huh?

Again, it seems you have no idea about economics.

Sure people will continue to work in such jobs. They will likely earn more money, because they can't be exploited anymore if they are legal.

You really should stop talking about stuff you have no idea of.

Getting people out of the shadow economy is a good thing, for the people and for the US economy, because it results in more taxes.

Huh?

Again, it seems you have no idea about economics.

Sure people will continue to work in such jobs. They will likely earn more money, because they can't be exploited anymore if they are legal.

You really should stop talking about stuff you have no idea of.

Getting people out of the shadow economy is a good thing, for the people and for the US economy, because it results in more taxes.

It's good that they are not exploited anymore.

But taxes?? How much??

The amount of money they make by the end of year, I guess they can get back the entire tax paid money since their salary will be less than certain amount( I am not trying to disrespect their profession, but I am sorry if I have said something wrong.)

It's good that they are not exploited anymore.

But taxes?? How much??

The amount of money they make by the end of year, I guess they can get back the entire tax paid money since their salary will be less than certain amount( I am not trying to disrespect their profession, but I am sorry if I have said something wrong.)

Even if they make minimum wage, they have to pay taxes. the threshold to not have to pay taxes is very low.

And even if some may get all their taxes back in their tax return, it would have been an interest-free loan to the US government over the previous year.

How about GC for all the kids under 18 who land in US !! Even if they have Visitor Visa or no visa. Why should we let them 'suffer' by going through the legal immigration process?

Sure. We can digress or we can try to identify issues\solutions.

I am raising the point about the different treatment given to the two classes of children (parents in status vs parents out of status).

bringing people out of shadow economy is also going to create problems as well.

Tax revenue will increase; but what about the liabilities (welfare)

How about assimilation of the group into the US population?

Would it all be seamless?

We may not know the number or the demographics of the illegal immigrant group. Suddenly we may be creating a lot of strain on the already medicare\ss schemes.

Huh?

Illegals when legalized may not get enough money to pay for heaithcare and if they have children, they will be qualified for tax credits such as Earned Income Credit (EAC) as their income will be far less than the minimum income to pay taxes. These people are not educated to get a good paying jobs. Government have to provide assistance to these people.

Illegals when legalized may not get enough money to pay for heaithcare

Some may not and some may.

From that to assume that they qualify for things like Earned Income Credit is not a valid thing to do.

These people are not educated to get a good paying jobs.

How do you know?

They may have had a good education, just the circumstances with being illegal may prevent some of them to get a good-paying job based on their education.

Please do not simply assume things without actual data.

Some may not and some may.

From that to assume that they qualify for things like Earned Income Credit is not a valid thing to do.

How do you know?

They may have had a good education, just the circumstances with being illegal may prevent some of them to get a good-paying job based on their education.

Hmmm... in that case why did they migrate illegaly. Wouldn't it been easier to go for an H1 or L1 --- the legal route like you and me ?

The pros and cons of making illegals to legals:

Illegals may not get enough money to pay for healthcare cost, taxes, pay very less on social security, medicare etc. Making assimilation of the group into the US population. They are bad for the economy as they may break the social security, medicare and healthcare system. They will become more costlier for the same work what they do now as the employer have to pay health care and other taxes. Only thing I see is no more exploitation.

We can give them identification cards and tax them if their salary is more than the threshold of minimum taxes. We have enough people here in the US who are living on food stamps with expensive gold tooth, who are not paying for any taxes or health care but making money by working cash payments. We donot want to add these 12 million illegals to the same system.

The pros and cons of making illegals to legals:

Illegals may not get enough money to pay for healthcare cost, taxes, pay very less on social security, medicare etc. Making assimilation of the group into the US population. They are bad for the economy as they may break the social security, medicare and healthcare system.

On the contrary, when they are legal they pay into the social security system.

It is obvious that you haven't thought things through, you are just perpetuating your prejudices. Not much different than Romney's "47%"... Your prejudices are as wrong as Romney's.

On the contrary, when they are legal they pay into the social security system.

It is obvious that you haven't thought things through, you are just perpetuating your prejudices. Not much different than Romney's "47%"... Your prejudices are as wrong as Romney's.

Most illegals work in seasonal jobs such as farm or mowing jobs. Mowing jobs last 7 months in a year. Anybody can calculate their aprox. income using $8.00/hr for 7 months. This will be far less than the poverty level. That means they have to live on government support. Most illegals work on cash payments. They can keep government support or food stamp by hiding their income by working on cash payments if they become legals.

Legal immigrants cannot support illegals to become legals unless for geting political milege, same religious beliefs, same countrymen, some close relatives became illegal or humanitarian. There is no economic advantage but economic disadvantage if they become legalized. They pay less on social security as their wages are less. If someone want to prove otherwise, they have give figures.

Humanitarian grounds we gave them jobs (may be jobless in their country) and they are rich people in their country by making two days wages by working one hour here. I am not interested to talk about politics or politicians in this forum.

Most illegals work in seasonal jobs such as farm or mowing jobs.

Has it not occurred to you that that's the case only because they can't get fulltime jobs as illegals?

Again, drawing conclusions from their current working conditions to when they would be legal is something you can simply not do.

All you show are your prejudices.

Has it not occurred to you that that's the case only because they can't get fulltime jobs as illegals?

Again, drawing conclusions from their current working conditions to when they would be legal is something you can simply not do.

All you show are your prejudices.

Finally you concur with my observation that, if illegals became green card or citizen, they will not do the work what they usually do like agricultural jobs or mowing lawns. Then we will need to import another 5 million illegals to do these jobs. In this discussion thread I was trying to tell this observation. Legalizing illegals is a bad economic idea.

Finally you concur with my observation that, if illegals became green card or citizen, they will not do the work what they usually do like agricultural jobs or mowing lawns. Then we will need to import another 5 million illegals to do these jobs. In this discussion thread I was trying to tell this observation. Legalizing illegals is a bad economic idea.

Legalizing the illegals is nothing but legalizing smuggling.

Govt doesn't have any option for them other than making them legal. But what hurts here is, govt is not treating all the immigrants equally.

Finally you concur with my observation that, if illegals became green card or citizen, they will not do the work what they usually do like agricultural jobs or mowing lawns.

Huh?

Please READ my post again. Your prejudices are showing.

Nobody can predict what jobs these people will do once they are legal.

A lot more options would be open to them.

You really need to get an education and get rid of your prejudices.

Well said, you hit the nail on the head. You see, most people are unable to think beyond what they see and hear. They just think make all illegals legal and problem solved. That's why the poverty rate in this country will only go up.

JoeF,

When talking about children of illegal immigrants, you mentioned this #7, which i have pasted below:

You obviously didn't pay attention.

The kids have grown up in the US, they don't have friends and family outside the US. Their culture is the US culture. Their language is English.

However in quote #22, you mention that children of legal immigrants can apply for change of status: are you referring to EAD or H4?

Aged-out kids can apply for change of status, since they entered legally, with inspection.

People who entered without inspection can not get into any status without DACA.

I personally know someone who migrated and is backlogged, but their child had to go through H1B inspite of spending 16+ years in this country. He had visited India only once in his lifetime!!!

Speaking about yourself, I see.

Get an education about the topic.

This is a law forum, people come here for legal advice. You should take your agenda of "making all illegals legal and free green card for future illegals" to some other forum for illegals. I suggest we all stick to what the law is in the books and not behave like political activists for the Dem party.

This is a law forum, people come here for legal advice. You should take your agenda of "making all illegals legal and free green card for future illegals" to some other forum for illegals. I suggest we all stick to what the law is in the books and not behave like political activists for the Dem party.

Huh?

It is YOU who obviously has an agenda.

The President has issued some directives which make certain things legal.

And a CIR that is in the works will also make certain things legal, if you like it or not.

I am a US citizen. I have a say in that. You don't. If you don't like it, there's the door.

Huh?

Please READ my post again. Your prejudices are showing.

Nobody can predict what jobs these people will do once they are legal.

If NOBODY can Predict what jobs they will do , how come you are Already predicting that they will pay taxes (Getting people out of the shadow economy is a good thing, for the people and for the US economy, because it results in more taxes.)

What data you have ? On the other hand , it can be safely assumed that do not have an education that would qualify them for H or L visa (otherwise they wouldnot go the illegal route) .

Did somebody say Prejudice ?

Aged-out kids can apply for change of status, since they entered legally, with inspection.

People who entered without inspection can not get into any status without DACA.

I personally know someone who migrated and is backlogged, but their child had to go through H1B inspite of spending 16+ years in this country. He had visited India only once in his lifetime!!!

And the administration fix DACA clearly did not include these children. Did they miss this segment of the population?

All the other reasons cited for DACA for the children of parents out-of-status apply to the children of the in-status parents too.

Archived