Alien Registration Number Changed!!!! Confused

swethakaushik

I have applied for I765 - opt on Sept 24.... It has been in the Initial Review stage since then... but when I checked today... the status is still Initial review but the description is the following

On December 6, 2012, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance

I am worried a lot.

Could anyone please tell me what it means???

Thanks

Hi,

There was some error in USCIS website this morning. I had got approval update yesterday evening for my H1B trnasfer. But this morning I got one more update saying there is some change in my application and when checked back in website it read following

"On December 6, 2012, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case."

When my attorney contacted USCIS, they informed that there was some glitch in the website and asked to ignore that message. Later today I got my approval notice via email.

So, I would ask you to check back the status of your case now or call USCIS and check with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I Applied for OPT extension in October(Oct 22), Now my status changed as

Initial Review It been in initial review since I got my receipt number but with October 22 date.

On January 2, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

My normal processing time ends by January 22 (90 days from the date of application), so I called this no 1-800-375-5283 the person who answer my call said He gonna put a request to USCIS regarding my case (since I haven’t received any letter from USCIS) and he gave me a reference number. I was informed if I didn’t get any response within 15 days after this request was made, he want me call back.

What I am suppose to do? What is this alien number change? Am I gonna get any RFE?

My concern is did I miss any letter or something from USCIS? My driving License going to expire in 10 days and my HR is keep on asking for the EAD even though I mention to her I can continue work for 180 days in the case of my application pending. In order to set everything in place I need this approval as soon as possible please help me.

Thank you for your Help

• 3 months later...

My wife got the same message for her H4 to H1B COS. Status is in Initial review and the message is "your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I 129". Her application was selected in lottery this year and we got the receipt on May 2nd. but the message says "On April 29, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I 129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER". so this message is from the starting itself. Anyone got answers for this sentence?

• 6 months later...

Archived