Next Steps after PD is Current

myanshul

My priority Date is Dec 22, 2006 in World wide category for EB-3. I'm hoping that it would be current in the January 2013 Visa Bulletin. I have had Medicam Examination and the Finger Priting more than 3-4 years ago.

Following are my questions and concerns:

1. As soon as the PD becomes current (World Wide Category) next month in January 2013. What steps do I need to take?

2. Should one sit tight and await for the response from the USCIS?

3. I was advised that they have to disposition the cases within 30 days of PD becoming current, either send a NOID/RFE or Approve the GC. Therefore, they would contact me by Jan 31, 2013.

4. Would making an INfoPass Appointment any nefecial or will put my case on a fast track? I'm in TSC region.

5. Can one ask for Fingerprinting and Update the Medical records since those have been obsolete anyways (I'm assuming they don't last for that long).

Thanks a lot folks.

3. I was advised that they have to disposition the cases within 30 days of PD becoming current, either send a NOID/RFE or Approve the GC. Therefore, they would contact me by Jan 31, 2013.

That is NOT true. Don't listen to rumors.

They can use as much time as they need.

Thanks JoeF and Belle for your responses, really appreciate it.

So bottom-line is that they may or may not act assuming that the PD remains current. Therefore I'm assuming that by Service Request you meant to schedule a InfoPass...Rt?

Also, calling their Toll-Free # is a total waste of time, they just read the transcript. I also contacted the Ombudsman Office and that proved to be helpful where they attested contacted me back with the status (I had an issue with Cross-Chargeability) and needed to ensure that they were applying that to my case.

In your suggestions, if I don't hear anything from them by End of January, I should raise it to the either USCIS via InfoPass and I would also contact the Ombudsman Office. in the meantime, they may ask for FBI Name Check, Fingerprinting and other RFE type issues...who knows.

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived