urgent response on H1-B extention

anil0903

My current H1-B expires on the 3 of jan 2013, current employer-A is working to file for extensionin thru premium process. Meanwhile I got another offer from different company -B who are willing to transfer H1-B but thru non-premium process.

Questions:

1. While my current employer -A files for extension, can simultaneously employer B can file for transfer?.

2. I need to know how to move to employer-B while being within time limit mentioned.

3. After reading some of the blogs, its indicated that the transfer is not possible until Employer A gets extension approved, if so what will happen to the transfer applied simultaneously from employer- B

4. Taking the holidays into consideration (dec 25th and new year) how long does it takes to know the application process, from past experience other than updating from USCIS website on the premium process.

Thank you

1. Multiple, simultaneous H1b with different employers are ok.

2. Use the receipt of A's H1b or just submit the recent paystubs

3. No need of A's approval. File with A's receipt (if you have), or just use their current I797A and paystubs. You are well in you expiry date.

Suggestion: Looking at your dates, I would strongly suggest you to go premium processing. This would solve your all of the problems. You can also pay for the PP fees. In normal processing, you will get the receipt in 3-4 weeks and decision in 6-7 months.

Archived