What is the current rejection scenario of L1 visa?

desi1000

Hi

Just wanted to know what is the current rejection scenario for L1 visas in India? My current employer in India has operations in US as well, but the employer's lawyers are saying that they cannot file my L1 visa due to high rejections nowadays for L1.

Are they correct and can be trusted for this statement? What is the actual situation for L1 rejections in India nowadays?

Any inputs on this will help me a lot in trusting my employer. Thanks in advance.

Just wanted to know what is the current rejection scenario for L1 visas in India? My current employer in India has operations in US as well, but the employer's lawyers are saying that they cannot file my L1 visa due to high rejections nowadays for L1.

Did you asked your attorney, why there is a chance of rejection?

Lawyers doesn't believe in rumors.

desi1000 your employer's lawyer is right, rejection is almost certain in L1*.

Reason: In past Indian companies have abused L1* so much that now it is almost blacklisted.

I know blacklist is a big word, but trust me, i am working for such company.

Try for H1b, I you its once a year chance, but better then L1.

95% of L1 cases in past were not genuine. As h1 was one a year quota bound visa, many companies were exploiting L1. So now agency is rejecting most of the cases as they know most of them are not genuine.

But if you think your position is applicable under L1, then you should go for it, but looking at your companies attorney response it seems its not.

• 2 weeks later...

desi1000 your employer's lawyer is right, rejection is almost certain in L1*.

Reason: In past Indian companies have abused L1* so much that now it is almost blacklisted.

I know blacklist is a big word, but trust me, i am working for such company.

Try for H1b, I you its once a year chance, but better then L1.

OFF TOPIC ----

I work in UK for a US based company for last 2 years+. My employer is making paper work for L1B processing. I already visted US on business visa for client meetings and lived there for 3 weeks.

What are the chances of getting L1B?

Archived