Same client and different employer

sam1983

I am working for Client A when I was with my employer 1.

I worked for 4 months and I changed to employer 2 while I was still on OPT.

My employer 2 filed h1 for me this year and got approved.

My only reason to change employer 1 was he failed to apply for my h1 last year and did not wanted to risk myself by keeping same employer while I had last chance to apply H1 this year.

Now I am going for stamping what will be my answer if VO asks why you changed your employer and how did you manage to keep the same client?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Yes, there are chances you will be asked why you changed your employer. I would answer that I changed employer for better exposure. e.g. I am application admin .. So I would say at my previous employer I was focusing only on application administration but after joining this employer I am also involved in web server administration, supporting production env, working on other infrastructure components like message broker, data power, etc. say as your title may be and add something related to it. It doesn't matter whether you have same client or not. Your employer manager is assigning some tasks and that includes all this new responsibilities.

Never say for better oppurtunity, visa officer don't like that phrase. You answer should always focus on interest of learning technologies and exploring it.

All the best.

" The Client Has people working from the employer 1 and employer 2. employer 2 is a big company. It offered me better benefits and position.So I have switched to the company 2". will be my answer.

Now it will be hundred's of H1B candidates answer. And if hundred people got same answer then something is wrong in the work model,thus it leads to more scrutiny.

Archived