Calling all guys in canada where VO took resume and I-797 only

opop

Hi ,

I was interviewed on 19th Nov (Toronto) and VO took my resume and I-797.. Did not ask for any extra docs..he said they will get back in 1-2 weeks... I am a FTE and even my employer(manager/HR) did not receive any emails yet.. any one with the same issue.... Is it because i am a Radio Frequency Engineer..?

Vo asked about my job description, how long with company (2 years) ,where i did masters, my major in masters & courses i took during masters (i took 4-5 courses on digital comm, antenna theory & radio frequency)..

He was concerned about the terms Radio Frequency & wireless transmission...

Also

I have used other names

1) This is how it appears on my F1 visa and hence all I-20's and even my OPT cards...

SURNAME : XX YY ZZ

FIRST NAME : FNU

2) Even my H1(I-129) petition carries the name above...I have got it corrected in my passport to read as SURNAME : XX , FIRST NAME : YY ZZ & my attorney submitted the observation page in my passport along with my H1 packet for name change

3) My H1 approval(797) reads my name as SURNAME : XX, FIRST NAME : YY ZZ (as corrected in passport)...

Do you guys think that this might be the issue because i have used two names in USA (or) my radio frequency engineer position.?

opop,

I am pretty much in the same situation. I am a FTE and my manager/HR did not receive any email. Can be because of your name and your nature of position.

I had my interview on Nov 13th in Ottawa and I am waiting to hear back.

No additional documents were asked . My resume, employee letter was taken. VO saw my I-797 and returned it back to me.Where you issued a 221g? What color slip?(Not sure how it matters-just asking).

Same with me..i am FTE in one of the 500 fortune companies. VO took my i-797, passport, VOE. She asked me for a letter from employer with all duties and responsibilities. I have the copy which is been submitted along with H1B appplication (petetioner support document) but i did not realize that is the one she is asking for. She said that she needs that letter and will confirm my employment with my employer. this happened on 26th nov and no communication from consulate till date to my employer... :(

• 1 month later...

Archived