All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam1983

How many previous employers to mention on DS-160 form? (Voluntary work?)

I have worked on campus from Aug 2006 to Dec 2009. I graduated in Dec 2009 and then I joined a company in March 2010 and worked until Dec 2010 on OPT as volunteer.

I joined new company on January 2011 and worked until Nov 2011 and got paid all the time. (I was still on OPT). Now I joined my current employer in Dec 2011 and still with the same employer.

My question is how many employers do we need to mention?

-On campus job employers? Unpaid work employer? or just paid one as in my case the last two one? or all of them?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

as long as you can provide documents, you may mention all the prior experiences.

In the past, with the paper form, one could not mention; but not it is not so difficult.

I do not have any document (pay stub. w2) from that employer since he agreed to give me training and work so that I can keep my status valid.

So looks like I should not mention that employment experience in DS 160. Any thoughts?

Hey SAM,

I'm in a similar situation where I worked with my professor for a couple of months to keep my OPT active. Should I mention it on my DS-160?

I would really appreciate your help, I've been confused on this for some time now

guys, can any one give some inputs...

1) 2008 Graduated

2) Joined a consultancy in 2009 and with him until 2010 July.--- training was given, UNPAID job NO paystubs.

3) 2010 Aug - joined current employer and no change till date.

QQ) should i mention about the unpaid job in DS-160 for the item - Were you employed previously

appreciated!

Can some please respond to this as to whether we should mention about any employer for whom we dont have paystub but was reported to USCIS during OPT. Thanks!