Can I do Work From Home for non US employer while on H4?

SUM321

Of course it is. Sending email is easy nowadays.

And? If they want to find out, they can. Google is only a mouse click away.

They know if one of their co-workers works remotely from the US. And humans are curious, and somebody will find out that this isn't legal.

It only takes one person to know...

And another example: what if the employer says "work for free or I report you"?

Again, this would open the person to lifelong blackmail.

There are lots and lots of such possible situations.

The bottom line: Do not work on H4 while in the US. It is THAT simple.

I don't understand, why are you not thinking practically?

Yes, I agree with the bottom line and it makes sense, but all the examples which you gave doesn't make any sense.

Anyways I don't want to continue in this post as I am not getting the exact answers to my questions. And I am sure I won't get them in the coming days.

You disappoint me my friend. I dont know what to say on the above statement.

I guess then with this opinion its OK to steal, murder or be a criminal as long as the law authorities dont catch.

If any institution sets some rules then it has to make sure that if anyone breaks them then they can find those people. But here I don't see that. They are simply expecting that people will follow whatever they say.

Of course it is. Sending email is easy nowadays.

And? If they want to find out, they can. Google is only a mouse click away.

They know if one of their co-workers works remotely from the US. And humans are curious, and somebody will find out that this isn't legal.

It only takes one person to know...

And another example: what if the employer says "work for free or I report you"?

Again, this would open the person to lifelong blackmail.

There are lots and lots of such possible situations.

The bottom line: Do not work on H4 while in the US. It is THAT simple.

I don't understand, why are you not thinking practically?

I think I won't get the answers for my questions and decided not to post in this thread hereafter.

I understand the bottomline and it makes sense, but the examples you give here doesn't make sense.

If any institution sets some rules then it has to make sure that if anyone breaks them then they can find those people. But here I don't see that. They are simply expecting that people will follow whatever they say.

I think this is the problem. Your definition of the law differs from Joe's, Omshiv's and mine. I think you should understand that even if a system is not in place to detect the felony, it doesn't make the act legal. A key in my open car, doesn't give anyone any right to just drive away with it. An open apartment door doesn't give anybody any right to just enter inside and start living. Also, the land border between US and Canada is the biggest in the world and is not guarded at every inch. It doesn't give you the right to just walk to the other side of the border whenever you want.

an unlawful act remains unlawful, even if there is an automatic system in place to detect it or not. Once, the law enforcement finds it, you will have to face the consequences.

All said and done, When USCIS decided to create a system to find such frauds, its not going to send you a letter. I wouldn't take a chance based on previous successful frauds. USCIS might have placed a new system today morning (who knows). I wouldn't want to be their first catch.

I think this is the problem. Your definition of the law differs from Joe's, Omshiv's and mine. I think you should understand that even if a system is not in place to detect the felony, it doesn't make the act legal.

I never said that working on H4 is legal. I was just asking, How USCIS will find it out when everything is done outside the US?

As I said I didn't want to continue in this thread,this will be my last post in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived