Successful (???) Stamping in Ottawa on 19th Nov

OMGC

I am not sure if my experience was good or bad!! Me and my spouse appeared for h1b interview together. I work at a OEM on contract through contracting agency. ( Non IT)

Spouse (non IT ) direct employee of another big OEM.

here is what happened.

VO was Asian-american smart fellow and assumed that I am software / IT consultant!!!!!!!

VO : Tell me something abt XXXX contractor

Me: They are contracting firm in ... area

VO seemed confused

Me: rephrasing - Technical recruiting

VO : Oh so you work at a client?

Me : Yes, YYY company

VO : (he seemed to know that co.) what do you do there..

Me: I work as a ..... (Supplychain position)

VO : (Again seemed confused as he had assumed i am IT! ) what exactly is that?

Me : explained a little bit (thinking in mind that I am not doing good job of explaining I am not IT software consultant)

VO : oh ok. Do you have a preferred vendor ( again assuming EVC or whatever that is model)

me: ( not knowing what a preferred vendor is!) No

VO : How many employees does your XXXX contractor has?

Me : Now I was little bit worried as i didnt know how many . I said : I am not sure of exact nos. but they have over 50 employees on contract at various employers in MI area

VO : not satisfied - do you have a client letter/

Me: yes . presented.

VO: scanning, are you a SAP expert ? ( as my work is in SCM , i use SAP which was written in client letter and again he assumed I am IT !! )

Me: No I am not (

VO: you are not?

Me: I Use SAP to perform Supply chain activities

Vo: okay. I am going to keep this client letter.

ME: Okay.

Then my spouse was interviewed who is a non IT direct employee of a big OEM. that went well.

VO gave the white sheet which said was your visa approved?

My spouse : will we get passports within 3 days?

VO : friendly Smile, Hopefully!!!

He did not say your visa is approved. I assume it was approved as he handed the sheet to us and no 221gs etc.

Now its Thursday no mail from Loomis, consulate is closed due to thanksgiving. and we are stuck here in canada with no passport!

Anyone who had interview on 19th Monday and got their passport, please let me know!

OMGC

Archived