H1B Appoitment in Mumbai - Drop Box issue

pacequartet

Is anyone having trouble scheduling dates for Mumbai consulate for H1B for this December? When I try to select a interview date, I get questions about the drop box option at step 7. When I answer NO to the questions (twice), I still get the confirmation page for the DropBox. Even though the visa I am applying for (H1B) is the same class of Visa as before, my petitioner has changed and hence I think I need to be physically present for the interview as opposed to the dropbox option. I didn't have this problem before Nov. 17th. I could see the calendar and would be able to choose the date on the last step.

I emailed ustraveldocs and also called their call center and on both occasions I got the following response:

"With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that it is because of the technical issue you are facing some problem to schedule the interview and we would request you to kindly schedule the interview after 24hours in order to get the appointment confirmation letter. Sorry for the inconvenience"

I has been more than 72 hours and I still see the same Drop box confirmation page after I click "continue" at Step 8. Has anyone else seen this issue and do you know of a way to get around it?

Thanks for your response.

Hi,

I am in the same boat.

I tried scheduling appointment by following all the prompts and I am prerry sure that I clicked "No" twice on both the prompts related to interview waiver. However, I am seeing the dropbox confirmation page. It doesn't take me to the appointment scheduling page at all. I could see the scheduling page a couple of hours back till this happened.

Thanks.

I called them up a few minutes ago and got the same message from the customer care representative that there is a technical issue and please wait for 24-48 hours. Apparently the issue is with all H1B applicants with all the consulates. Has anyone had any success getting a interview date since Saturday 17th Nov. for H1B? Please respond. A simple Yes or No will suffice too! :-)

I called them up a few minutes ago and got the same message from the customer care representative that there is a technical issue and please wait for 24-48 hours. Apparently the issue is with all H1B applicants with all the consulates. Has anyone had any success getting a interview date since Saturday 17th Nov. for H1B? Please respond. :-)

Same thing happen with me before few seconds i try to schedule dates for mumbai consulate for my H1B stamping for December and i got drop box option at 7 and i said no on both times, and end i got dropbox confirmation letter instead of available interview dates. what should i do now? I am not eligible for dropbox . I had visa stamp for F1 in 2006.which number you called?

Now, on the dashboard page I don't see the dropbox confirmation as it was showing some time back. However, now there is another issue that is preventing me from getting to the appointment page. Previously, the MRV receipt number used to be populated automatically. Now, it asks me for the MRV fee receipt number and when I enter the correct number, it says that the receipt number is invalid.

Archived