EAD Extension and travel to India

path.vijay

Hi All,

I am very new to this forum and please help me for the situation I am in...

I have an EAD until March 31st 2013. I already booked my tickets to travel to India from Dec 25th to Jan 31st.In this situation I am just wondering if it is ok to travel to India and then apply for extension or I can just apply for an extension and visit India with the current EAD?

Please help me and your help is truly appreciated.

Thanks

vijay

Vijay,

Did you get answer to your question?

I have an EAD until March 31st 2013. I already booked my tickets to travel to India from Dec 25th to Jan 31st.In this situation I am just wondering if it is ok to travel to India and then apply for extension or I can just apply for an extension and visit India with the current EAD?

Hi All,

I had lost my passport in India after coming back to India from US on Aug 24 ,2012. I had expired H4 Visa stamped on my passport. After going through the passport application process I will be getting my new passport in the coming week. I am planning to head back to US. Right now I hold valid EAD/AP combo card valid till 15 Dec 2012 and I-797 extension papers. I have the following questions:

1.Can I re enter US using EAD/AP combo card and a valid passport without re stamping of H4 VISA?

2.If yes, then do I need to be prepared for Transit VISA?I have heard of issues people face when they have connecting flights through the Europe , UK.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.Please suggest.

Archived