All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
h1brenewal123

Security Clearance in Vancouver

Hi

I attended my H1B Visa Renewal interview on Sep 7 2012. Visa officer told me that my visa is approved and it will take two weeks to receive the Security clearance and then i will get back my passport.

It's more than 2 and half months already and i am still waiting in Vancouver.

Can i ask the consulate to return my passport, so that i can travel back to India return when my clearance is received and submit my passport again for stamping?

Is anyone going through the same experience?

About my Interview:

1. which company do u work for?

2. who is the client?

3.Do you have masters?

4. which School?

5. He looked at the client letter.

6. Looked at my W2.

Then he said Visa is approved. He needs to receive Security clearance which will take 2 weeks.

My Passport and I797 are with the consulate.

I am on EVC Model working with same employer for 4 years now.

Hi

I attended my H1B Visa Renewal interview on Sep 7 2012. Visa officer told me that my visa is approved and it will take two weeks to receive the Security clearance and then i will get back my passport.

It's more than 2 and half months already and i am still waiting in Vancouver.

Can i ask the consulate to return my passport, so that i can travel back to India return when my clearance is received and submit my passport again for stamping?

Is anyone going through the same experience?

About my Interview:

1. which company do u work for?

2. who is the client?

3.Do you have masters?

4. which School?

5. He looked at the client letter.

6. Looked at my W2.

Then he said Visa is approved. He needs to receive Security clearance which will take 2 weeks.

My Passport and I797 are with the consulate.

I am on EVC Model working with same employer for 4 years now.

in same boat.. whats your email address?

what's your nationality?! i had similar experience. VA told me visa approved but had background check. After 10 days, i asked for my passport back. They gave it to me together with I-797A and told me to return it when clearance is received. I traveled to my home country and got cleared after less than 2 weeks. So I traveled back to Vancouver, got my stamp in 2 days and went back to US.

Total time for clearance was 3 weeks for my case, given that i have pretty solid history with US visas since I was a young. I used to come to US every year with my family for vacation. Good luck guys!

Hi h1b_seattle,

My email id is intenzeeyes attherate yahoo.com.

Can you tell me when was your interview? Did you get 221g?

Do you know any other people who are in the same situation waiting for more than 2 months in vancouver?

Do you know if we can ask the consulate to return back the passport, so we can travel, return back whenever the clearance is recieved, and submit the passport again for stamping.

It depends if you have multiple entry visa yes you can pick your passport up and return to home country and travel back and submit your passport when you receive clearance email. but most ppl have told me it delays the process further.

My interview was on 24oct in vancouver

got 221g for background check.

I am not in contact with anyone whos is same situation.

Through forum i knew 2 other people one got cleared in 45 days other one in 3 months of so.

what's your nationality?! i had similar experience. VA told me visa approved but had background check. After 10 days, i asked for my passport back. They gave it to me together with I-797A and told me to return it when clearance is received. I traveled to my home country and got cleared after less than 2 weeks. So I traveled back to Vancouver, got my stamp in 2 days and went back to US.

Total time for clearance was 3 weeks for my case, given that i have pretty solid history with US visas since I was a young. I used to come to US every year with my family for vacation. Good luck guys!

Congrats Manssy. You probably got lucky .. :).. or as u said ur travelling history might helped.

I am from pakistan.. waiting for almost a month now.

Hi Manssy,

Do you know whats the procedure for collecting the passport. Can i go to the consulate and ask for my passport?

i emailed them to tell them i need my passport and picked it up when i got a reply email from them. just make sure you have multiple entry visa for Canada. Good Luck!

Hey guys,

Im in the same boat. I gave my interview on 19th and still waiting on clearance. Can someone let me know if they have received it an dhow long it took? Also when consulate contacts you that clearance is done and you can submit your passport, which email address did it come form so that it does not go to spam? I would really appreciate a response.