While leaving country do we need to give away the I-94 Card????

arun45

While leaving USA, you will need to give your existing I-94 in airlines counter at the time of taking boarding pass or at the time of boarding to flight i.e., at the gate in terminal.

Yes, you will get another I-94 when you return back to USA. Flight attendants will give you I-94 and Customs form in flight when you are arriving to USA. You have to fill that and need to show I-94 during Port of Entry and Customs form when passing thru Customs Officers.

Make sure you got a piece of I-94 which you have filled from the Port of Entry (Immigration) Officer and have that duly stamped on it.

@all

Hi...i have one doubt...my interview was in vancouver on nov 8th for h1-B.. travelled thru flight from bay area-seattle-vancouver...but no where they collected my i-94 which was stapled in my old passport back in 2009 as i was on F1 its my second H1 but 1st stamping after F1( Ist H1 was only for a year got an extension for three years starting from oct 2012 and went to interview now)..i even asked the airline authority ppl but they said there is no need ...im kind of confused...i heard from my frnds tht they will collect when i depart frm usa...but it dint happened..can u please suggest on my issue im done with my visa and waiting for my passport to come will it be a problem when i enter the port of entry.. thnk u in advance..

Did you read the link I posted ? ANyways they didnt take it because you were travelling for less than 30 days. When you come back the CBP officer will either take the old I-94 or you can remind him and he should accept the old/most recent I-94 from you and attach a new one(which you will fill out at time of return) to your passport showing date of entry and valid until ....!!

Archived