Passport expiry date for OFC interview

pbandi225

Hello All,

I have been following many posts on this forum and I came to know that for OFC interview, one of the requirements is to have passport validity upto atleast 6 months after the intended stay in US. I have couple of questions regarding this requirement

1. Is this requirement very crucial?

2. If yes for 1, then - My H1B visa will expire on October 1st, 2015 and my Passport will expire on 13th Feb, 2016. So there is a 4.5 months gap between the two dates. Should I renew my passport in this situation?

Thank You,

Punit

Hello All,

I have been following many posts on this forum and I came to know that for OFC interview, one of the requirements is to have passport validity upto atleast 6 months after the intended stay in US. I have couple of questions regarding this requirement

2. If yes for 1, then - My H1B visa will expire on October 1st, 2015 and my Passport will expire on 13th Feb, 2016. So there is a 4.5 months gap between the two dates. Should I renew my passport in this situation?

Thank You,

Punit

Hi Punit,

It's not required. My H1 B expiry date is Aug 16, 2015 and I had my passport expiry on May 12, 2015. I had my stamping yesterday successfully at Hyderabad. So you should be good.

Thanks,

Vasu

Hello All,

Thank You,

Punit

Hello Punit,

Can I ask you a favor? If you haven't booked your dates then can you please check if Dec 3rd/4th is available in Delhi and Kolkata consulates?

-Shankar

Archived