How to renew I-94 card

arjunanand

Hi My last entry to US was April - 2012 but my Passport was expriing on March 2013 so i got i-94 stamped till march 2013 eventhough my visa is valid till Aug 2014.

last week I got new renewed passport.

I am just wondering what is the process to renew the I-94 card?

does my employer need to file H1 again? or can i renew it in other way.

Please adivse.

Thanks

No need to reply for H1b.

Option 1: If possible go to same POE from where last I94 was issued, and explain your situation to office. most probably officer will give you updated I-94.

Option 2: Go out of US. MX or Canada, and fly back. At POE you will get I94.

No need to reply for H1b.

Option 1: If possible go to same POE from where last I94 was issued, and explain your situation to office. most probably officer will give you updated I-94.

Option 2: Go out of US. MX or Canada, and fly back. At POE you will get I94.

My employer lawyer is asking me to depart US and come back again so i can get a new I-94 or Applying for an extension to USCIS

he is suggesting cost wise it is better to depart and come back.

he is not sure about the option going to nearest POE to the Customs and Border secutiry office to get a new updated I-94 card.

did anyone got new I-94 card successfully?is there anyway we can contact POE Customs office over the phone? or should I to just walk in to airport?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for your replies.

Went to POE and chicago last week, officer at the CBP said that they cannot give new i-94 card. unless i depart and come back in.

he asked me to contact USCIS.

Looks like my only left option is to depart and travel back, I live in Madison WI.

which is nearest Canada road crossing border?

would i need to Canadian Visa?

Please advise

Canada is a sovereign country and could not care a dam* about AVR. American laws do not apply to Canada. Anecdotal evidence has it that people have crossed over and then made a U-turn after explaining it was an oops moment. On the other hand crossing the border at Tijuana, Mexico and immediately coming back after ASKING for a new I94 is absolutely possible. YOUHAVE TO ASK and pay a small fee.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi arjunanand,

Have you found a solution yet to renew your I-94? I'm having the same exact situation and try pretty much everything other than going out and back in. I also live at Madison WI as well, so I might be able to apply what you did to my situation.

Let me know.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share my experience..

I got Canadian Visa after 2 weeks and it was valid for 2 years.

So last weekend I went to Detroit Windsor Border by Greyhound from chicago direct to windsor.

At windsor Canadian immigration they didnt ask me much. He asked me is it for business or pleasure. I said Pleasure and he said went into to get it stamped on my new passport.

then I was like can you take this I94 for me. he looked at the validity of it which is going to expire in 30 days. he mentioned he will submit to US CBP.

I stayed in windsor for couple of hours and got back in my return bus by greyhound.

at the US CBP Borber

he asked me reason for i was visiting Canada. I frankly said the only reason I went becasue my I94 was expring and needed a new one and explained him about PPT expiration and etc.,

that officer seems to be nice he didnt ask me anything and got a new I94 with the expiration based on I797 he charged me nominalfee of $6.

Seems to be worked out pretty well for me.

Archived