H1B Visa Stamping - Vancouver - Need information

sivi3883

Hello All,

I changed my employer last year 2011 and got my H1B transfer approved. Now, I recently changed the client (sticking with the same employer) and filed for H1B amendment for the new client. I am waiting to receive the approval.

Having said that, I need to go to India in January 2013. So I am planning to go to Vancouver for getting my H1b stamped. I have sent the necessary documents through mail to get the Canada tourist Visa and I am waiting for getting the Canada Visa as well.

Here are my questions:

1) Can I book the slot for visa stamping at Vancouver now itself or do I need to wait till I get the Canada tourist visa/H1B amendment approval?

2) I started working as an independent consultant from last year and this is going to by my first H1b stamping with the new employer(which is a very small consultancy firm). My employer and some of my friends are recommending to complete my Visa stamping before I go to India and NOT in India. I got all necessary documents(including end client letter, middle vendor letter and employer letter). Do I still need to go to Vancouver to do my stamping or can I do my stamping when I visit India? Is there any advantage if I do my stamping in Vancouver like lower rejection rate?

Please excuse me if I have asked some dumb questions. I am not getting much help from my new employer so it would be really helpful if anyone can pour your valuable suggestions.

Regards

Siva

Archived