All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arun45

Problem with retrieving DS160

I am facing problem using my Application ID that I generated 2 weeks ago.

Step1 :

I went to the following webpage: https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV/Default.aspx and selected the location, then clicked the "Start Application". This generated the Application ID for me. I filled out the security question and printed the Application ID page for my reference in the future.

I immediately used the above generated Application ID to successfully book a visa slot for the location of my choice.

NOW THE PROBLEM:

Now, 2 weeks later, when I am using this Application ID to start filling my DS-160 Form. When I click on "Retrieve Application" button on the same webpage (pasted above), I enter the Application ID (generated in Step1), it asked me to enter the 5 letters in surname and DOB - I enter the requested info and click on "Retrieve Application" button, but it is saying the following:

Please correct all areas in error as indicated below. Once you have finished, click ‘Retrieve Application’ button to continue completing your online application form.

• Surname does not match.
  • Year of Birth does not match.

I am shocked !!!

What am I doing wrong ?

Please help as I am very confused at this point, because, I used the same Application ID to book my Visa Slot, and this same Application ID is not working to complete my DS 160 Online Form.

Hello Arun45

I am facing the same problem too, which i have created 2 days before, i don't no what went wrong.

and what was the solution you have taken. please hepl me out with this issue.

Step1 :
I went to the following webpage: https://ceac.state.g...IV/Default.aspx and selected the location, then clicked the "Start Application". This generated the Application ID for me. I filled out the security question and printed the Application ID page for my reference in the future.

I immediately used the above generated Application ID to successfully book a visa slot for the location of my choice.

Now, when I am using this Application ID to start filling my DS-160 Form. When I click on "Retrieve Application" button on the same webpage (pasted above), I enter the Application ID (generated in Step1), it asked me to enter the 5 letters in surname and year of birth - I enter the requested info and click on "Retrieve Application" button, but it is saying the following:

Please correct all areas in error as indicated below. Once you have finished, click ‘Retrieve Application’ button to continue completing your online application form.

• Surname does not match.
  • Year of Birth does not match.

Please help as I am very confused at this point, because, I used the same Application ID to book my Visa Slot, and this same Application ID is not working to complete my DS 160 Online Form.

Good morning ,i am facing the same problem right now, i am filling out a family member forms and now i can't get through again because its giving me the same error message , the surname and year of birth does not match ....i tried to use the link you suggested , its not coming up ...i tried the option of updating confirmation ID from the visa slot website ,i can only update just one of all of the forms , which is the one i used in booking the rest of the appointments , please help , the interview is in a week from now ...thank you.