221 g white slip at Chennai consulate

anitk

I had my interview today(25th October, 2012) at Chennai Consulate.

After asking few question, Visa officer said my Visa is approved but gave me a 221g White slip.

In the White slip its mentioned to laminate the passport or get new passport and submit them at VFS.

She also said no need to follow the same process again - need not come to Consulate again .

My Question is after getting the new passport, Do I need to fill out new DS 160 form and submit along with my passports?

• 2 weeks later...

My Question is after getting the new passport, Do I need to fill out new DS 160 form and submit along with my passports?

No. Just the new passport, old passport, a copy of the CEAC appointment confirmation and the VFS drop-off form. More details here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-documentsubmissioninfo.asp

I got a similar white 221g on Oct 16 and turned in my new passport to VFS on Oct 26. I'm waiting for my stamp.

I'm still waiting for the updates from the Consulate.

When I emailed passportstaus@ustraveldocs.com , it says "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted".When I called VFS,they said " we have received ur docs and its under admiin processing" .

What should be my next step/action in this?

Pls advice.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I my visa interview for H1B @ Chennai on Dec 17 2012 and I was issued a 221g White slip saying "New Passport". And the officer told me that the lamination had come out. I got the new passport and submitted at VFS on Dec 26th. When I check my status online it says administrative processing. Can anyone tell me average processing time please?

@preethi1234 and @csg - Did you get your stamping? How long did it take? Please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Archived