Do we need I-864 for I-485 interview for Employment based GC?

kcprasad

Hello All,

Me and my wife have interview at the local USCIS office. One of the document in the big list of needed documents is "form I-864". I have applied for EB3 (Priority Date: Nov 8th 2002) and my wife is the derivative do we need I-864 for employment based GC?

I had submitted I-134 during 485 filing.

Please let me know,

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

My Interview successfully completed. During the interview the filed officer asked some basic questions like my I-94, AP, EVL. etc.

Also she request to resubmit the G-325 since its expired.

She said since my priority date is Nov 7th,2002(EB3) you have to wait for the visa number for the approvals. Finally she asked my wife get finger print immdly. and she did.

So my question is the office is going to verify my G-325 again?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Belle,

After the interview, the officer asked me to provide the below G-325 becauase my previous one expired. And she asked me to

sign and submit the G-325 form within 87 days.

Also during my intervew the officer took my following originals : I-94,EVL

and copies of : DL and AP.

So do i have to enclose my Pay stub and any proof of residence with this form? (The officer never asked my pay stub or W2's during my interview).

kindly let me know then i can send my Rfe tomorrow itself.

Thank You.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name of Beneficiary: Firstname Lastname

File Number : xxxxxxx

Form Number : I-485

Date : November 8,2012

REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services("USCIS") has reviewd the above listed form and determined

that additional evidence is necessary to complete its adjudication. You are hereby put on notice that you must

provide ALL of the below listed items to complete the adjudication of the above listed form. Failure to submit all

of the requrested evidence within 87 days from the date of this notice may result in the denial of your

application/petition pursuant to Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 103.2(b)(13). Please return this

letter with your response.

1. You are required to submit a Form G-325, Biographic Information, completely filled out and signed, for the following

individual(s):

Individual(s): Firstname LastName

Once again, it is important that you return this letter with your response. If you change your address between now and

the time that you return your response please list your new address in the space provided below:

New Adderss: ----------------------

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxx

Field Office Director

RFE- Form G-325 submitted. And the 485 status changed to " Initial Review", is it normal?

Initial Review

Your case is currently undergoing a required review by an immigration services officer. We will notify you by mail as soon as the review is completed and a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Belle,

RFE- Form G-325 submitted. And now the 485 status changed to " Initial Review", so is it normal?

Initial Review

Your case is currently undergoing a required review by an immigration services officer. We will notify you by mail as soon as the review is completed and a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

All,

After the submitting the REF-Form G-325 required by USCIS, yesterday we received a letter from USCIS saying that

"Since there is no further processing required at the Kansas City Field Office your case is being transferred to the Texas Service Center in Mesquite,TX."

Our priority date is : Nov 7th, 2002. - EB3

So is this a good news for us? Please let me know. Below is the letter from USCIS.

Dear xxxxx.

The cutoff date for your employment-based visa number category has regressed. As a result, there currently is no

visa number available to you at this time. Once a visa number becomes available to you, the USCIS will

complete the adjudication of your Form I-485. Until then , you should check the most recent Department of state

Visa bulletin once a month to get an update on your visa number avalibility. You can check the Department of

State Visa Bulletin at htt;//travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html. Since there is no further processing

required at the Kansas City Field Office your case is being transferred to the Texas Service Center in Mesquite,TX.

The Texas Service Center will complete the adjudication of your Form I-485 once a visa number becomes available.

You can contact the Texas Service Center by writing to the following address:

Texas Service Center

Attn: Visa Regresssion Cases

PO.Box 851804

Mesquite, Tx 75185-1804

Make sure that you provie your Alien Registration Number with any written inquiry that you send to the Texas Service

Center.

Sincerly,

xxxxxx

Field Office Director.

Belle,

As per the above USCIS letter, my case appears to be pre-adjudicated and would have been approved but for retrogression?. and transferred from the Field Office(kansascity) to TSC to await final processing.?

So I will get some updates about my status in the next Quarterly USCIS Inventory reports.?

My Priority Date : Nov 7th,2002 - EB3 , Currently EB3 is Nov 1st, 2002.

Please let me know.

Thank You.

Sorry, the messages now don't move up when updated, so I did not see your post. Yes, EB cases are being adjudicated (approved/denied) by the large service centers (Texas, Nebrasca, etc), so it is normal that your case got returned. I would assume your G-325 worked fine. That one is not like quantum physics to fill out correctly. Good luck!

Belle,

Np.

Yeah the final letter from USCIS field officer says(Attached early post) : "Since there is no further processing required at the Kansas City Field Office your case is being transferred to the Texas Service Center in Mesquite,TX."

And i got this one form USCIS Policy Memorandum: PM-602-0015

(A)Employment-based Cases. After completing case processing at the local

level, USCIS Field Offices must transfer all employment-based regressed visa

number cases to the Texas Service Center (TSC).

So waiting for my priority date to current. (Nov 7th,2002-EB3).

Thank You.

Belle,

Also as per the Policy Memorandum: PM-602-0015 says:

Employment-based cases where a visa number is not immediately available at the time of

adjudication must be transferred to the Texas Service Center (TSC);

USCIS field offices should ensure that the interview and all other processing requirements

(except requesting a visa number from DOS) have been completed before transferring such cases

to the TSC or NBC. In these cases, a visa number should not be requested by USCIS field

offices because the TSC or NBC will do so.

If a visa number is not immediately available, complete a pre-adjudication

worksheet (Attachment A), but DO NOT request allocation of a visa number

through CCD/IVAMS.

So i am guessing in my case the local field office completed my process.

Am i right?

Thanks,

Belle,

Today my online status updated as :

Initial Review

On November 29, 2012, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to another office for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

And below is the notice from USCIS explanining the action:

Dear xxxxx.

The cutoff date for your employment-based visa number category has regressed. As a result, there currently is no

visa number available to you at this time. Once a visa number becomes available to you, the USCIS will

complete the adjudication of your Form I-485. Until then , you should check the most recent Department of state

Visa bulletin once a month to get an update on your visa number avalibility. You can check the Department of

State Visa Bulletin at htt;//travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html. Since there is no further processing

required at the Kansas City Field Office your case is being transferred to the Texas Service Center in Mesquite,TX.

The Texas Service Center will complete the adjudication of your Form I-485 once a visa number becomes available.

You can contact the Texas Service Center by writing to the following address:

Texas Service Center

Attn: Visa Regresssion Cases

PO.Box 851804

Mesquite, Tx 75185-1804

Make sure that you provie your Alien Registration Number with any written inquiry that you send to the Texas Service

Center.

Sincerly,

xxxxxx

Field Office Director.

Thanks Belle,

Also today my online status updated again:

LUD: 12/03/2012

Initial Review

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived