H1B Premium processing - Oct 2012

cooldude76

I129 application reached USCIS date : 17 Oct 2012

USCIS case receipt date : 19 Oct 2012

Showing in premium processing : 25 Oct 2012

It was applied in premium processing, but they took the case as Normal processing initially.

Then after calling them today it is now shown under Premium processing.

By which date can I expect a decision/update ?

@luck2u,

Hi thanks for replying.

As I mentioned my employer upgraded my H1B extension it to PP on 16 October and the status is still the old one "RFE response under review", Is the delay due to election time or usually this is the case with premium processing.

The status has not changed to Acceptance, with the understanding I got from this forum I will have to wait for 15 calender days from the date when status gets chenged to Acceptance.

Looks like nowadays there is hardly any difference between a premium and normal processing.

Regards

PTM

@pulikat: 15 days is from the day it changed to Premium Processing. The status will change to "Acceptance" from "RFE response under review" when you upgrade to Premium Processing from Normal after answering RFE.

So, in your case still status is not updated to Acceptance, I believe we can't count 15 days from Oct 16, 2012.

But my suggestion is just wait for one more week so you will complete 15 calendar days, then ask your attorney or employer to give call to CSC customer service and check the status. In some cases, if attorney/employer gives call, decision may be made sooner.

@pulikat,

Even in my case the application receipt date is 19-Oct-2012, but the case came in acceptance mode(Premium) only today that's 26-Oct-2012.

I feel don't wait for 15 days, please ask your employer to call USCIS and update them for upgrading the case to premium processing. Has the premium processing check sent by your employer encashed by USCIS ? If yes then they should upgrade it to premium processing. If still not done then your employer can talk to them and provide check encashment as a proof and they will take prompt action.

Please let us know how it goes....

Friends my Visa got Approved today :-) Thanks a lot for your help

Petition Filed on May 9th

Acceptance : May 11th

RFE : Aug 16th

RFE Response: Sep 18th

Premium Upgrade and Acceptance OCT 20th

I-129 Approved : OCT 30th

Now need to book a slot for visa interview in India or Canada. Fingers crossed

H1b applied date: 04th Jun

RFE: 15th Oct

RFE responsce review: 24th Nov

Premium upgrade receipt Date: 27th Nov, Vermont center.

11 days completed, yet to get any updates still status shows as Acceptence.

Please let me know your views on this, can we get approval before 15 calendar days? or it delay?

Thank you

H1b applied date: 04th Jun

RFE: 15th Oct

RFE responsce review: 24th Nov

Premium upgrade receipt Date: 27th Nov, Vermont center.

11 days completed, yet to get any updates still status shows as Acceptence.

Please let me know your views on this, can we get approval before 15 calendar days? or it delay?

Thank you

yes you should get a decision within 15 calendar days since the case was upgraded to premium.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived