All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maysan

Messy System for VISA Appointment

Hi all

I experienced this. I amAm trying to book a visa date in mid november as I am planning a 2 week vacation in India starting from Nov 9. Want to get my H1B stamped. But I do not see any dates in November except Nov 1 and 2. The next date I saw was Dec 5. All other dates in november have been completely out. This is not in any one particular consulate. It is the same in all 5 consulates. I have been checking regularly to get a date in mid november but whenever I checked it was still in October. Suddenly, day before yesterday, I found that all november have been blocked out. I did try to talk with the customer service representative and what a bunch of jokers they are. They do not know give me any options and said that I should have planned it earlier. Though I can just plan , I could not have booked any dates in November, even if I planned 3-4 months earlier. I am getting a feeling that this may be a database glitch which they are not willing to check. All they did was sent a feedback. How can all dates in November be gone in all consulates, given that November is not a peak season like June July. It does not make any sense whatsover. I am kind of frustrated as I may have to change everything that costs like an additional $1000 not to forget the pain of waiting in an uncertain.

Is anyone in the same situation as I am? Any fixes or any help/suggestions/ideas? Please let me know.I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks and have a nice day

hi , I am also be in same situation. I am desparately looking for visa slots in NOV and no idea how come all consulates in INDIA shows null. And other funny thing with new system is we cannot reschedule the appointment unless we have to cancel the existing one and then only it shows the available dates and schedule..its too bad

I have been trying to schedule my interview at the consulate since last week and I cant get ANY dates whatsoever. It just keeps saying no dates are available.

Customer service is a joke and told me to keep trying as the dates are released by the consulate.

The 15 year old system of standing in a que early in the morning was so much easier.

Given the hassle in scheduling the interview and then the uncertainty in the waiting period following the interview I would suggest that you postpone your trip.

I planned a 1 month trip to India in November but luckily i was checking fro the dates since October first week and suddenly after couple of weeks i saw they opened the dates for November and December. I booked mine on Nov 8 @ Hyderabad Consulate

They said " You should have planned early". I actually did but could not plan for November because at that time November was not even open. It was open only until october. If we keep on trying in the new system, it has a cut off, after which it does not let you check. What the hell is this? How are we supposed to get a date with all thee constraints and buggy things? How in the world can the whole november be booked across all 5 consulates in a flash? I seriously dont understand.

I tried to check dates for h1b with regional language (hindi, etc), all the nov dates seem to be available...is it ok to book an h1b stamping appt in hindi, etc?

Same issue, I actually ended up giving up. I am rescheduled my entire trip to suit the new dates. I have tried all the avenues including Customer Service, Sending Mails to Consulate but no use.

Some comments have been floating around that the dates in Nov will open up soon, but couldnt take the risk because the dates in December are also being gobbled up.

if all the attempts have been used up for a given day, it will be reset afresh the next day, so you have a fresh set of "n" attempts again. Saw that it is opened till Nov 9. waiting for dates after 9. The thing is they have diwali holidays as well as thanks giving holidays in november. so 4 days are rightaway gone from the possibility in addition to weekends.

Guys, November 15 got opened and I was able to book. So if anyone needs it please book it as soon as possible. Only available slot is 7:30 am. SO more november would open soon based on whats been going on. Please check every 2 hrs or so would be my suggestion.

I was looking at IST 4:00-4:30 a.m and was looking at it earlier for every 2 hrs as well. Want all of you guys to get the dates you wish. it is just a bug in their system,so just keep on it continuously and you will get it.

Hi all. The Nov 15 dates were available in the system for a very short period and it gets booked. So it is not available right now. However, it is not a dead end. More Nov 15 dates and after should open up soon. Just keep checking the dates and dont see it too often because you may run out of your daily quota. Before I got an appointment, I sent a feedback. They did get back to me however when it is not needed, that is after I got an appointment on Nov 15 at chennai. Here is what they said. Not sure if it will be useful but just sharing:

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

Please note the allocation of the interview appointments on website is the sole prerogative of the U.S Embassy / Consulate.

We would like to inform you that the interview appointment dates are being released by the U.S. Consulate on a regular basis and same keeps constantly fluctuating depending on the appointment booking done by the applicants online. The dates could be available at any point of the day .If the calendar for a particular post is not showing then it means that the dates in that post is not available at the moment and you are requested to keep checking the website regularly to view the appointments available and book them as and when they are released.

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further queries. You can also visit our website www.ustraveldocs.com for more information.

Yours sincerely,

U.S. Visa Service Desk

I was trying to book date for December 17 and time slot was showing only for 7:30 AM and 8:00.With the new system,seems the existing appointment has to be cancelled and then look for other dates and I ended up booking 19th December 2012.

No other time slot was showing ,was this the same experience for you all ?