h1 b stamping oct 16th 2012. Administrative Processing

americandream2012

Today I had my H1 B visa interview. I am a FTE employee of a fortune 500 company. I have been working with this company from last 11 months in US.

Before that I worked with two other consulting companies from year 2008-2011 and 2011.

VO Asked me following questions

1. Where I work

2. Who is employer

3. How many people work for in your company and team

4. Who is the CEO

5. What your company do

6. What is your role

7. Asked for my I 797 from previous employees.

8. Looked at my F1 Stamping (Year 2006)

9. What is your qualification. Told about B Tech. I told her i took all the courses but got a job before graduating. That is why I didn't graduate.

Initially I went to US for my masters I took all the courses but didn't graduate. All my H1s are based on my B Tech Degree

She handed me the booklet telling my rights in US as an employee and told me to go to another window for further questioning.

I went to another window. She told me that you application needs further admin. processing which could take 5-6 weeks. She said you can either keep your visa here or take it with you. I left it at the embassy with her. She took my original i 797 form my FT employer, passport.

She didn't handed me any slip, case# or anything. But i saw her attaching some pink thing to the application.

I told her that I already have return ticket for Nov 5th.

What are my options now. My PTO is going to expire on Nov 4th and I need to go back to US.

My questions.

1. Is my visa approved or denied

2. Did i got a pink slip? She didn't handed me over anything though but I am assuming the pink thing she attached to the passport is a pink slip

3. If its a pink slip, how long the process will take.

4. This is my 4th year of h1 b and I never came to India ever since I went to US in 2006. How long do I have to wait. after staying in US for 6 years I don't think I will be able to wait for 5-6 weeks.

5. I am just hoping and praying that i will get my passport back stamped within 1-2 weeks.

Please help me. Any response will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

9. What is your qualification. Told about B Tech. I told her i took all the courses but got a job before graduating. That is why I didn't graduate.

Initially I went to US for my masters I took all the courses but didn't graduate. All my H1s are based on my B Tech Degree

You said, you came on F1 but took the job without getting graduated. I think this is the issue, but not sure.

As an F1 student, your aim should be get graduated rather than getting a job.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Its been 3rd week and I haven't heard from the consulate yet.

I tried checking the status of my passport thru automated email (passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com) but it gives me 3 different status in a single day!

A lot of you said that I didn't finish my graduation in US. All my H1's were based on my B Tech (which i completed ) from India.

So my concern say if i waited for few more weeks. Are they going to reject my visa even though I do have a valid H1 b visa approved from a fortune 500 company.

Whom and how should i contact embassy or OFC center

l already informaed my companys attorney, hr and my department. They told me to wait.

I am just worried that even after waiting for so long they reject my visa.

Whats going to happen after a wait.

Please help me understand whats going to happen. I can extend my vacation and work from home. But I am more worried if they going to reject it or approve it.

A lot of you said that I didn't finish my graduation in US. All my H1's were based on my B Tech (which i completed ) from India.

Well that's not the issue here.

When you came to US on F1, you are suppose to finish your degree. But without completing your degree you took up a job.

So your primary visit to US is not to get US degree but to find some job in US. So you have breached F1 rule.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived