WH4 complaint against employer

nikki10

I had filed a WH4 DOL complaint against my employer on Dec 2010 for some unpaid dues.

I gave all the updates and answers to investigator.The complaint is still being looked into.

Unpaid dues fall into 2 categories - one which fell within 1 year span of my complaint and the others which are more than two years old.

After reading the forum threads regarding WH4, what i understand is that DOL WH4 will only consider violations(unpaid dues) within 1 year time span.can the state department of labour approached for dues whuch are more than 1 year old? If yes, is Wage Complaint form the right form.

• 4 weeks later...

DOL will investigate complaints which relate to a violation which must have last happened within 1 year. They will not stop within 1 year.

For example, you worked for a company which didnt pay backwages for Nov'2011. You should complain now before the 1 year period completes. If it last happened in Nov,2010, you cant complain now obviously.

What if backwages are there not only in Nov'2011 but every month before that ?. DOL will investigate all that. Read through the forums, there are people who have been awarded for 2-3 years and more with interest.

In my case, they are investigated in minute detail, right up to the time I was recruited. I am waiting for them to file the case against my former employer.

Archived