All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
PiyushGiri

221g Administrative processing

Hi All,

I've appeared for the H1B visa interview on 31 oct 2011 at mumbai US visa consulate. After the interview i was handed a 221g form and said it requires some administrative processing and returned back the passport.

My employer submitted the requested documents and all my original documents and passport as well. After some time I recieved my all documents back including my passport.

Now I'm regularly tracking the status of pending visa at following link :

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/case-status.html

However it already have been more than 10 months now and have not got ant update or reponse. My petition is valid till oct 2014.

Should i consider that my visa has been denied. I'm very much confused and worried as even I haven't recieved any visa refusal mail even from the consulate.

Can somebody help me in this how to track exact status of my application or how to find out if my visa has been denied.

Thanks in advance.

Piyush

@PiyushGiri: Please contact by mail to consulate or DOS to check on your Visa status. DOS can give you latest information on your case of application.

DOS number to call.

202-663-1225 Choose option #1 and then option #0 (9AM to 5PM IST)

Piyush, there is no timeframe for 221g. But most of the cases should get update in 2-3 months. If you are in IT and your petition is about inhouse project or client project then there should be enough documentation to prove the facts. Some cases are lucky.

This is my personal opinion: it depends on VO how he/she feels about the case. I work for a company having retail business and around 500 employees, still one of the employee in our company got stuck in India for 7-8 months.

If you can get better (new) employer it would reduce your frustration.

Hi All,

I've appeared for the H1B visa interview on 31 oct 2011 at mumbai US visa consulate. After the interview i was handed a 221g form and said it requires some administrative processing and returned back the passport.

My employer submitted the requested documents and all my original documents and passport as well. After some time I recieved my all documents back including my passport.

Now I'm regularly tracking the status of pending visa at following link :

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/case-status.html

However it already have been more than 10 months now and have not got ant update or reponse. My petition is valid till oct 2014.

Should i consider that my visa has been denied. I'm very much confused and worried as even I haven't recieved any visa refusal mail even from the consulate.

Can somebody help me in this how to track exact status of my application or how to find out if my visa has been denied.

Thanks in advance.

Piyush

The online status makes no sense. My case was approved way back in June 2012 and it still shows up as 'under administrative processing'. It is just a tactic to reduce the call volume.

My suggestion to you: Look for a new employer. Once you get a 221g, there is nothing in your control. It is just a game they play and you will be played. I got a denial letter (from my 221g in 2011) 10 months after the interview. All the 10 months I was told 'under processing'.

Good Luck!

@ piyushgiri

Try to call DOS but they will give specific response "application under adm processing or pending with consulate"

Try to contact consulate on the newwebsite...most likely the feedback part is monitored by VFS but you can give it a try...

update if you get positive outcomes.