H1B VISA STAMPING @ CHENNAI SEP 26 Successful

atlasth1

I would like to share my Successful visa interview experience with you all . Mine is EC Model and I had letters from my client and employer . After multi level security checks @ Chennai Consulate i went inside visa office . Since 26th was the day allotted for all previous week cancelled appointments ( also last day for old system ) consulate was house full . I was asked to change my queue three times due to crowd , atlast VO called me .

VO : GM How are you doing ?

Me : Good. How about you ?

VO : Good . So how much XXX is paying you ? ( XXX is my Current Indian Employer )

Me : ... lakh , ( I told about my indian salary since he mentioned that company )

VO : Not here . In US how much XXX will pay you ?

Me : In US I will be working for YYY and they will be paying me $....XXX is my current Indian Employer

VO : Oh I see , so you are leaving XXX

Me : Yes

VO : who is your client ?

Me : My client is YYY

VO : What are they doing ?

Me : I told about my clients business

VO : What you will be doing ?

Me : I briefed about my responsibilities

VO : You said you are specialized in DB , in DB what you will be doing for client

Me : I briefed about my DB Work .

VO : So you will be living in VA

Me : Yes

VO : Here are your papers ( it had my H1 docket , i thought he is going to give me 221g ) , congratulations your visa is approved and you will get your passport in a week .

Me : Thank you Sir

After 2 days ( friday ) i have collected my passport with H1 stamping from VFS office .

Lot of them got approvals on that day , most of them in few minutes . Two Vo's were very strict and they asked lot of questions rest of them were cool . We were able to hear the questions while waiting . In fact one lady vo officer was asking a person . Why do you need to go there ? wont they be able to find a person there ?

To brief my background : I have worked in US for 5 years and came to india last year (apr 11 ) for vacation and went for visa stamping . Mine was EVC that time but had all papers . As happened in many cases last year VO issued me 221g , after i submitted docs. my visa was refused . We have lost a lot since we dint expected the rejection , i dint planned for alternatives . Some friends helped us to clear up things in US . I found a job in chennai and got settled slowly . After some time my employer's friend who has EC Model offered me a position and filed H1 for me . I dint had hope but this time i got visa . I should thank murthy forum a lot for providing info. and confidence . No questions were asked about my visa refusal last year . No Documents were asked . Recently i dint find much posts about chennai , mostly it had postings about canada and I thought of giving some positive news about chennai consulate . Moreover in my opinion if you dont see postings it means all is going well at that consulate . If you have any questions let me know ,im ready to answer you guys .

@atlasth1 - Congrats on your successfull stamping. I have few q's for you.

1.Did you specify in the ds160 the second time that you were rejected earlier?

2. Where did you attend the first time(which consulate)?

3. Why was it rejected the first time and how long it took to hear back from them

4. Why do you think the second time, nothing was asked about your refusal earlier?

I am in a similar situation and your replies may help me

@atlasth1, congratulations for your VISA stamping and thanks for sharing your experience. Can you please tell me did you file new H1b? Or transfer your old petition with new employer(exempt H1b cap).

I was also issued 221g in last year june’11.Howerver, i found new employer they applied for my petition transfer in regular process in April'12 but still not approved.

Best,

ottawa_rocks : /noBODY cares which VO u go to, the above post is a fake like many others/

I am not a script writer and i dont need ur certificate .

pranou200 : Did you see if they were any visa approvals for the EVC model??

I dint had a chance to talk to guys who came for interview with me , so no idea . I have seen lot of happy faces this time , where as i saw lot of disappointing faces last year when i went for interview

vijaysekar

1.Did you specify in the ds160 the second time that you were rejected earlier?

yes i hv clearly specified about the refusal and also carried the refusal letter with me while going for int. but they dotn asked me . Iam sure if you dont specify they will ask about that as they are aware of our visa history .

2. Where did you attend the first time(which consulate)?

Same Chennai Consulate

3. Why was it rejected the first time and how long it took to hear back from them

Due to EVC VO felt like it doesnt have strong E-E relationship

4. Why do you think the second time, nothing was asked about your refusal earlier?

I think VO dint consider about that and he focussed on my current petition . Also I might be lucky thsi time :-)

capri06 : i hv sent u email.

Archived