Help needed on my H1B stamping case..Please suggest

ameri123

Hi everyone,

I went for my H1b visa stamping in March 2012.The officer gave me a 221g white form,asked for a new LCA.I have submitted the same by march end.Also i have submitted my passport,but its been returned back saying its not needed at this point of time. Again in May,i got a mail asking me to come to the consulate.I was hoping i would get some positive or negative reply and this hangover ll end.But they said they had called me to validate some details and asked me questions on about my entire H1 work experience.I gave all genuine details and the interview ended.They said they ll verify and ll let me know.

I mean i have never heard of such reinterview procedure before.

From then i have been waiting and its been more than 6 months from march and bad part is my visa would expire by October end.Quite before ,in consular webiste ,it used to indicate that my case is under administrative processing but from past few days nothing is been shown ,i couldnt retrieve any data on my case number.

I would want to contact them to get information on my case since my visa is going to expire and hardly there is no time left.

Can anyone please let me know what to do in my case,how can i contact them.

Please suggest...

Thank You.

Usually when you visit consulate, there are three possibilities:

1. Visa approval.

2. Visa denial: 214(b)

3. Additional documents required: 221(g).

When you went for second interview, did they give you either 221 (g) or other slip? If so, you can take that slip with you and go to the consulate section (you will have separate timings for 221 (g) applicants to provide the documents). Go and plead your case with them. Hopefully they should provide you more thought and at the least they may refuse to give you details. But i suggest - give it a try and see. Good Luck.

Hi All,

I've appeared for the H1B visa interview on 31 oct 2011 at mumbai US visa consulate. After the interview i was handed a 221g form and said it requires some administrative processing and returned back the passport.

My employer submitted the requested documents and all my original documents and passport as well. After some time I recieved my all documents back including my passport.

Now I'm regularly tracking the status of pending visa at following link :

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/case-status.html

However it already have been more than 10 months now and have not got ant update or reponse. My petition is valid till oct 2014.

Should i consider that my visa has been denied. I'm very much confused and worried as even I haven't recieved any visa refusal mail even from the consulate.

Can somebody help me in this how to track exact status of my application or how to find out if my visa has been denied.

Thanks in advance.

Piyush

Usually when you visit consulate, there are three possibilities:

1. Visa approval.

2. Visa denial: 214(b)

3. Additional documents required: 221(g).

When you went for second interview, did they give you either 221 (g) or other slip? If so, you can take that slip with you and go to the consulate section (you will have separate timings for 221 (g) applicants to provide the documents). Go and plead your case with them. Hopefully they should provide you more thought and at the least they may refuse to give you details. But i suggest - give it a try and see. Good Luck.

Hey thanks for the reply.

Actually when i went the other time,i was asked questions and they have noted down my answers..The sub ordinate of the Hyderabad consualte officer has noted down all the information that i have given.She said they ll get back after the verification process is done.From then no reply again.

My visa is going to expire in a month.I am pretty much disappointed with the whole thing coz all my efforts in getting a H1 are wasted now.If at all i get my approval,how early can i file for an extension...any idea?

Also how can i contact the consulate people on my case...previsouly my case is been showing u nder the pending visa section,from past few days its not appearing under the pending visas...i mean i am not able to find my case...

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Thanks for your positive feedback and responses.

After 14 months of my interview finally my case got approved and i got my passport stamped one week back :) so dont lose hope !!

This forum has helped me a lot. Thanks everyone :)

For others, Kindly write mail to track latest update in your case to following id:

support-india@ustraveldocs.com

support@ustraveldocs.com.

Please let me know if any furthur assistance you want from me.

u can contact me at piyushgiri01@gmail.com

Regards

Piyush

Archived