Reply from Ottawa Consulate: Need Help

mitsu3000gt

My cousin attended her first H1B interview at Ottawa Consulate on Oct 24th. VO mentioned that her visa is approved and hold her passport for stamping. She was waiting for email from loomis for passport pickup details.

However, on Oct 26th 10.00am she received this email:

While processing your application, information became available that require us to further review your application.

We will contact you once the process has been completed.

Ottawa FPU

US Embassy Ottawa

Does any one have any idea? Did any one ever get email from consulate like this. Any help is appreciated.

my friend is also in same situation. He got the same email and after that the client received a list of questions to answer. Client answered the questions. Then he received another email asking to come to the embassy on any thursday between 2-2:30 pm.

You can contact him at kshishirreddy at gmail dot com

Did she attend the interview on sep 24?

your post says october. I am a little confused.

Upon email from consulate, my cousin went to consulate and they asked for "Stamped I-129". I repeat its Stamped I-140. Does any one has any idea what this piece of document is? They told her to come back by 2pm today with that document.

She called her employer and atorney and they said, there is nothing document like that. Atty faxed and emailed consulate the I-129 letter attested. When she went to consulate again at 2pm, they asked the same thing. When she showed them I-129 and petioner letter, he wasnt still satisfied. He left the counter for 5 mins and came back with passport saying that its 221(g) and handed over white slip..

All they said is, to wait till they email anything. Does anyone face similar situation? btw, her interview was on 24th sept.

Guys, I called Department of Homeland Security, they took my passport details and told me that its still under administrative processing and that they are still working on it.

Any idea what this means or how long it could take?? My interview was on 25 SEP 8:00 AM and I did not get any update from Consulate or LOOMIS yet.

Archived